NCAA Tournament Bracket

Coach John Cook

On Coastal Carolina

I don’t know a lot about them, but it’s the NCAA tournament and if you want to keep playing, you have to win. As Al Davis says, just win baby, that’s what it is all about this time of year.”

On how big it is to have the first and second rounds in Nebraska

“We have a chance for the next two weekends to play in the state of Nebraska. I think that is something that is a reward for the support our fans show and the hard work of our team and our program. It’s a great opportunity. I know our players will be really excited and there should be a great atmosphere. There are great teams coming into the state of Nebraska. I think it will be one of the most exciting NCAA tournaments for the state of Nebraska in a while.”

On his thoughts on Nebraska’s draw in the tournament

“The draw, with all the Big 12 teams in the same bracket, you can look at it in a couple of ways. Somebody from the Big 12 is likely going to get to go to the Final Four. I like that again, we have to take care of business, we’re going to have our hands full in the first and second rounds. There is a great opportunity to play great teams at home. That is a big thing for us. We want to continue to advance. We have a chance to play the teams that are thinking about the Final Four at home. For us it’s good, I’m not sure about the other teams if they are too excited about that opportunity, to play at the Qwest in front of a sold out crowd. If everything can play out, it’s pretty much guaranteed the Qwest is going to be sold out.”

On how they are feeling now that they know they have the opportunity to get to Omaha

“I just told the team that we did a statistical comparison for the second half of the Big 12 compared to the first and also the second half of the Big 12 last year compared to this year. Right now, the last ten matches, we’ve played at a higher level, much higher than the first half of the Big 12 and much higher than last year’s team. I want this team to start thinking they can accomplish some big things now. They’ve worked hard, pulled themselves out of some early season struggles and are now playing at a very high level. If we can continue to do that, we have a great shot to have a great NCAA tournament.”

Kori Cooper

On what it will be like to play at home

“We’re really excited to play at home, there is no better place than the Coliseum. I know I wasn’t ready to be done at the Coliseum last night and my team feels the same way. We’re really looking forward to hosting and glad that the teams coming in are going to get a chance to play in front of the crowd.”

Sydney Anderson

On being able to play at home this week

“The first thing I think of is that Kori gets another chance to keep playing. Last night we were kind of focused on that this could be our last chance to play in the Coliseum, but we now find out that we get two more matches. We’re excited and we’re just going to take it one match at a time.”

On how much of an advantage it is to know you have the path

“Coach was talking to us and said we have the advantage because we have a week to prepare. We don’t have to be traveling and worry about flights and we get to sleep in our own bed. I think that is a big advantage to a team that gets to stay at home and stay in their gym.”

Hannah was also a unanimous selection for the All Freshman team.

Christmas at the Werth house should be fun. Hannah should be able to hold her own with Jayson in the "athletic accomplishment" conversation this year.

The World Series Ring he received this year trumps her All Freshman team certificate. But I see what you are saying.

just gonna guess that the phillies didn't win the world series.. but maybe that was just me that saw that....

The World Series Ring he received LAST year trumps her All Freshman team certificate. But I see what you are saying.

When the did the Phillies RECEIVE their World Series Rings? Was it in 2008 or 2009? Most of us know the ring is for the 2008 WS - but when did they RECEIVE them?

Now, maybe, you see what I said.

he's had plenty of time to show that off. funny though. i KNEW that would be your excuse when i saw it. pathetic. admit your wrong for once?

The World Series Ring he received LAST year trumps her All Freshman team certificate. But I see what you are saying.

When the did the Phillies RECEIVE their World Series Rings? Was it in 2008 or 2009? Most of us know the ring is for the 2008 WS - but when did they RECEIVE them?

Now, maybe, you see what I said.

he's had plenty of time to show that off. funny though. i KNEW that would be your excuse when i saw it. pathetic. admit your wrong for once?

Excuse? I meant what posted from the beginning. It's not my fault it was over your head. Learn to read and comprehend for once. Got it? I doubt it.