500 Mile Recruiting Base

EZ-E

500 miles surrounding Lincoln that they like to hit hard recruiting-wise. We have had quite a bit of success this year doing this. Does anyone see any deviation from this in the future? The only thing that I can see is that we start to really put the clamps down on this area and be able to compete with the OUs and UTs for kids from Texas, still pulling a few out of Cali, and the kids from Florida.

The area that I can see us start to really take off in is Louisianna. With LSU being down (there has even been talk that Les Miles may be on the hot seat) I can see us getting a few more from the Bayou.

Thoughts?

I think it is ideal, 500 miles usually means about a 90 minute plane ride and hopefully no connections or just one connection and it is about 7-8 hours to drive. These are things that families find comforting because even though its far from home it is still close.

It is much easier to get a kid to come in to visit when they can drive or fly in a short time.