TCU SUPPORTS NEBRASKA

TCUBridges

I'll go on record right now saying it... No way there is a Florida/Alabama rematch in the national title game. No matter what the circumstances are, no way.

I think it is possible because of the point gap difference between #1 and #2 over #4 and so forth. If the SEC Title game is tight as hell I think it is very possible that the computers could still create the rematch something that supposedly humans cannot overcome.

i thought that after the 2003 ou/lsu/usc debacle that they finally put a rule in where you had to win a conference title to go to the national title game.

but i maybe off base with that because i don't remember hearing it, i might just want that to be the case.

don't forget 2001 <_<

I'll go on record right now saying it... No way there is a Florida/Alabama rematch in the national title game. No matter what the circumstances are, no way.

I think it is possible because of the point gap difference between #1 and #2 over #4 and so forth. If the SEC Title game is tight as hell I think it is very possible that the computers could still create the rematch something that supposedly humans cannot overcome.

i thought that after the 2003 ou/lsu/usc debacle that they finally put a rule in where you had to win a conference title to go to the national title game.

but i maybe off base with that because i don't remember hearing it, i might just want that to be the case.

don't forget 2001 <_<

yeah, that was really too bad for Oregon, they really deserved it....

i understand what you are saying, but i still watch most bowls, and 90% of them (which is a kind estimate) are completely worthless... but still entertaining.

I watch most bowls, too, but you and I aren't why they're afraid of a playoff. We'll watch football (especially college football) any time, all the time. I've been watching the Sun Belt teams on Tuesday nights whenever they've been on - I think Tuesday Night Football is the greatest invention since Wednesday Night Football. And Friday Night Football. And Thursday Night Football. But I digress.

What they're trying to do with all these stupid bowl games is catch the eye of all the bandwagon fans of all these marginal teams that come and go every year. They're afraid that if we implement a 16-team playoff, everyone will focus on those and forget about the Poulan Weed Eater Bowl, or the Eagle Bank bowl, or the Humanitarian bowl, or whatever else they're calling these things these days.

If the NCG was a sec rematch the whole US would be a national uprising....no way will this happen. . . texas fans are f'ing ignorant dont listen to them tcu fans, go frogs. Im pullin for ya'll if we win it.

If Florida loses to Bama, there is a VERY real possibility that they would rematch if Texas were to lose. If you don't believe me, look at their computer scores. They are far above #3 on down and losing to the #2 in the country won't be that drastic. I don't think that it's right, but you can't influence the computers with the moral solution. Florida would have to be ranked no higher than 6 or 7 in the human polls for TCU to overcome the deficit.

If Bama loses, they are probably out. However, as stated above, Cincy will pass TCU in the polls with a win. The question is not "if" this will happen, it is "by how much"

The only way for TCU to get in is for Texas, Bama and Cincy to lose. For good measure, they need Bama to get blown out. That's not ignorance, that's reality. As a fan of a team that constantly has to watch the BCS polls year in and year out, trust me on this one. This isn't our first rodeo on figuring out scenarios.

But, Texas won't lose...so all of this is moot anyhow.

don't forget 2001 <_<

It's not like anyone would have beaten that Miami team.

don't forget 2001 <_<

indeed

i understand what you are saying, but i still watch most bowls, and 90% of them (which is a kind estimate) are completely worthless... but still entertaining.

I watch most bowls, too, but you and I aren't why they're afraid of a playoff. We'll watch football (especially college football) any time, all the time. I've been watching the Sun Belt teams on Tuesday nights whenever they've been on - I think Tuesday Night Football is the greatest invention since Wednesday Night Football. And Friday Night Football. And Thursday Night Football. But I digress.

What they're trying to do with all these stupid bowl games is catch the eye of all the bandwagon fans of all these marginal teams that come and go every year. They're afraid that if we implement a 16-team playoff, everyone will focus on those and forget about the Poulan Weed Eater Bowl, or the Eagle Bank bowl, or the Humanitarian bowl, or whatever else they're calling these things these days.

i agree, it is just crazy that the NCAA sold the rights to the championship series, and NCAA Div. 1 is the only sport without a playoff. No other sport or division has its championship right sold.... that's crazy the NCAA did it for Div. 1 football.

I know the one scenario that Texas does not want to see is them losing and then getting stuck playing TCU that could be a disaster because you know the TCU kids would love nothing better then having the chance to take out the Horns in a bowl game.

I think your exactly right, it would be nice because TCU would kick the sh#t out of the longhorns...wow that would shut them up for awhile.

I know the one scenario that Texas does not want to see is them losing and then getting stuck playing TCU that could be a disaster because you know the TCU kids would love nothing better then having the chance to take out the Horns in a bowl game.

I think your exactly right, it would be nice because TCU would kick the sh#t out of the longhorns...wow that would shut them up for awhile.

We've already beaten the crap out of Dalton and co. once. Too bad they were too scared to agree to a 2nd game...

We've already beaten the crap out of Dalton and co. once. Too bad they were too scared to agree to a 2nd game...

but this is a better team now, and I am not sold that Texas would take TCU as seriously as they would against Alabama or Florida, I am just saying that is a matchup Texas would not want, I think Texas can beat Alabama and Florida but I would have a hard time parting with my check against a TCU team that would play against you guys with a chip on their shoulder.