Gabert

Watson will develop Gabbert just fine. I hope he's the cerebral type and turns into a Taylor or a Ganz, but with more natural talent.

It's who's protecting Gabbert/Green/Lee that I'm worried about. And the guy coaching them.

I like little Gabbert. He seems like a tough kid, but we'll see after he gets here and sits a year. I think he'll be good for us down the line. If Lee doesn't put it together, I'm looking at Spano and Gabbert for the future. But I do think we'll see Lee next year too. He's gritty but he needs to ... well, play better.

Watson will develop Gabbert just fine. I hope he's the cerebral type and turns into a Taylor or a Ganz, but with more natural talent.

It's who's protecting Gabbert/Green/Lee that I'm worried about. And the guy coaching them.

I like little Gabbert. He seems like a tough kid, but we'll see after he gets here and sits a year. I think he'll be good for us down the line. If Lee doesn't put it together, I'm looking at Spano and Gabbert for the future. But I do think we'll see Lee next year too. He's gritty but he needs to ... well, play better.

You mean like he's developed Lee?

Lee has been here for 3 years. I cannot believe Green hasn't gotten good enough by now to supplant him.

There's a common denominator here--Watson is the position coach.

come on guys. matt barkley is the number one recruit in the country and he is struggling. hell prima donna jimmy clausen wasn't even good until this year. now he is projected the number one QB drafted. cody green will be fine here. lets hope its next year that he steps up cuz zac sucks

This.

Judging Cody Green on whether he's the future or not right now is very shortsighted.

come on guys. matt barkley is the number one recruit in the country and he is struggling. hell prima donna jimmy clausen wasn't even good until this year. now he is projected the number one QB drafted. cody green will be fine here. lets hope its next year that he steps up cuz zac sucks

This.

Judging Cody Green on whether he's the future or not right now is very shortsighted.

I third the sentiment.

BTW, I remember reading somewhere earlier in the year that Gabbert's parents and Watson became tight when he initially recruited his older brother Blaine a couple years back.

If Watson were to be let go after this season, then you can forget about Tyler Gabbert coming here. He was quoted as saying that in his opinion, Watson is one of the best OC's in the country which is why he wanted to come to NU.

Just a thought.

You mean like he's developed Lee?

Lee has been here for 3 years. I cannot believe Green hasn't gotten good enough by now to supplant him.

There's a common denominator here--Watson is the position coach.

It's part coaches and part players. And part luck/circumstance.

A good QB coach will develop players, but it's not some magical process where everything he touches starts completing 70% of their passes. Has to be a guy with the right intangibles.

This is why so many talented prospects will be on a roster at the same time but only one guy gets to be "the man." Right now we have nobody who is that guy.

Watson position coached our boy Joe Ganz as well. Come think of it, was he here in Taylor's last year too?

We only have 2 guys right now and neither seems to be it, though Zac sure looked it at times this season. His confidence has definitely flagged, and that's part of it. I wonder if he is still making the correct reads and it's just the receivers that aren't getting open that is affecting his play.

IMO Lee is a solid, if not spectacular QB who is not in the right circumstance right now. And that circumstance is beyond Watson's control. We could be a lot worse off. Joe Ganz could be in this offense and struggling just as much if not more than Lee. And if Swift is still here maybe Lee is putting up gaudier stats. We won't know.

when does he graduate and when does he arrive in Lincoln?

We need him... fast!

Wrong. We need Watson, the offensive line, Blarney Cotton, all the running backs, all the recievers and anybody else involved with that worthless offense gone today or sooner. Gabert will be useless unless that other stuff happens first,,,