Would the game have been any different if Cody Green was playing?

I'm curious as to why everyone says Green failed in the Oklahoma game. Sure, he looked rattled early, but he never cost us the game while he was in. Please don't act like he couldn't have scored from the 3 or whatever like Lee did when he came in, practically anyone could of. He also started 1 game at Baylor vs Lee starting how ever many up until that point. Lee had confidence in his playing abilities because of the games against the Sunbelt teams. And I have to 100% disagree with how we have used Green this year. He came in early on garbage time and they just call a hand-off straight up the middle. Or he comes in to give Lee a look at the defense from the sideline. Aside from the Baylor game, which had some questionable play-calling, he has never been used to his abilities.

Lee cannot run the option, but Wats always called the option or a draw with Lee in. When Green would go in all they would do running wise is a hand off. To me the play calling has been backwards all year for both QB's. And Green had a scamper in the first week of the season and everyone was so high, and now he's being thrown under the bus by people because he looked rattled. Give the kid a few games early off in the year to see how he looks, not in the middle of the season or the Big 12 Championship to judge someones talent at their position.

all i gotta say about it all is. Our offense sucks soooo bad that we dont even deserve to play in any kind of big time games at this point. I just hope in the off season that we make some serious changes in the offense department. It makes me sick to my stomach to have theses losses where we clearly could have won the game. I dont know how many teams in our position that had the ball inside the 35 4 times a cant get a touch down!!!!!

To say that Zac Lee was the best shot we had is both true and horrifying. The problem is that even though he gets absolutely no help from anyone, the chances he does have to throw usually result in incompletions anyway. And this has been the same way all season. Kid can't throw––to anyone. Nothing short or medium, anyhow. And against a Texas secondary, you're begging to get picked off firing it fifty yards downfield.

Its not even that alone. We had a ton of 3rd and VERY SHORTS and couldnt convert any of them. Whatever happened to smash mouth Nebraska Football!!!!!

Go back and watch the game again. The decision to put Green in was already made when Texas had the ball. The camera even showed him warming up.

Nobody on the coaching staff put him in at the 1 to sneak the ball. The decision to change had been made THEN Texas pooch punted to the 1. Do you tell him "no, nevermind" at that point? Maybe. It was risky.

It was also the right call to get him out of there. On 3rd down he threw the ball right to a DB. Someone in this thread is trying to say that was DPI? I know Lee sucks but lets not go to fantasy land.

I didn't read all of the posts above. Having said that, I believe that the game would have been dramatically different if Green had stayed in. Instead of being a few seconds and a botched kickoff away from a win, we would have lost in the 3rd qtr. From what we've seen of him this year, he is in no way ready for the speed of the game. We'll see how thing go with his development for next year...hopefully he gets better and can be in position to challenge Lee for the starting spot.