Would the game have been any different if Cody Green was playing?

Honestly? More mistakes.

Zac bombed it out there, took some risky shots and essentially punted. Not as well as McCoy actually punted, mind.

Cody had a shot to throw it, and boy, was that ugly.

Zac gave us plenty of chances. A couple of key drops stalled drives (Niles! you broke free of your man! what are you doing dropping the ball!) and Kinnie should have had that foot down. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Texas's WR shoulda caught that free TD too.

In the end, I am disappointed in Zac's turnovers but he gave us the best shot, by far, to win. Texas didn't get to him and he gutted in there, right to the end, trying to make plays. He needs an offseason and some more creampuffs to get his confidence back.

And some new receivers.

I hope Green won't mind sitting a year and absorbing everything down, then coming back ready to take the reins, potentially, in 2011.

Honestly? More mistakes.

Zac bombed it out there, took some risky shots and essentially punted. Not as well as McCoy actually punted, mind.

Zac gave us plenty of chances. A couple of key drops stalled drives (Niles! you broke free of your man! what are you doing dropping the ball!) and Kinnie should have had that foot down. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Texas's WR shoulda caught that free TD too.

In the end, I am disappointed in Zac's turnovers but he gave us the best shot, by far, to win. Texas didn't get to him and he gutted in there, right to the end, trying to make plays. He needs an offseason and some more creampuffs to get his confidence back.

And some new receivers.

I hope Green won't mind sitting a year and absorbing everything down, then coming back ready to take the reins, potentially, in 2011.

if lee starts another season im selling my season tickets for a year...f#*k that sh#t.

Honestly? More mistakes.

And some new receivers.

if lee starts another season im selling my season tickets for a year...f#*k that sh#t.

I'll take them. PM me the info.

It was too bad Cody only had that one series where he had to start pinned up inside the one or wherever it was (no pressure there!). I was hoping he could get another series because I do think he could have picked up some yards with his legs and given the TX defense something to at least think about. Looking back if we were just going to hand off to Rex and Roy and neither QB was going to get many throws, the yes Cody should have gotten more opportunity.

Honestly? More mistakes.

And some new receivers.

I'll take them. PM me the info.

LOL

I really don't see Cody completing a pass. I understand Lee did horrible, but he did pull himself together and make some nice throws, too. Not all of them were caught.

No. Zac Lee did not make any throws that were above average. The only way that Lee could've played worse is if he turned around and kicked the ball backwards after the snap.

A deep bomb to Paul that was caught but dropped after an excellent hit by the safety. A fade to Kinnie that he needed to bring in bounds. A drop by Paul dragging across the field while in the face of ridiculously fast pressure on 3rd down.

Zac had some bad throws, but he had some nice ones too considering the pressure he was under. Cody's throw, on the other hand. Geez! Almost as bad as Zac's first pick. Cody had time and a man, but he just throew that nowhere near him.

Honestly, the thing I am most pissed about was the one drive they gave Cody, and then they yanked him out.

I'm sorry, but what did it accomplish? The coaches have been pulling players keeping them on the sideline for a drive or two to "give them perspective", and very little good has ever come of it. If anything it throws off the offense.

Why put CG in for one drive at the 1 yard line and then yank him? The kid was going up against the best defense we have played this year and they weren't giving him a whole lot of room to work with. CG did not run the power run/option game in high school. Nothing they called played to his strengths.

That was the most frustrating thing for me today.