Next Year's Oline

The D line may be slightly weaker but not much IMO. If Steinkhuler can make a big jump this year we may even match what they are doing this year. With Crick, Meredith, and Allen coming back and Ankrah and Williams stepping in I think we will be very stout again next year. If we can get David and Compton and Fisher step it up a little I think our LB's will be a little better as well. Asante and O'Hanlon were big losses but I think Hagg and Smith will fill in very nicely, so our secondary should be one of, if not the best in the big 12.

The D line may be slightly weaker but not much IMO. If Steinkhuler can make a big jump this year we may even match what they are doing this year. With Crick, Meredith, and Allen coming back and Ankrah and Williams stepping in I think we will be very stout again next year. If we can get David and Compton and Fisher step it up a little I think our LB's will be a little better as well. Asante and O'Hanlon were big losses but I think Hagg and Smith will fill in very nicely, so our secondary should be one of, if not the best in the big 12.

yup, we should be comparable defensively. the safeties will be missed, but the new ones have potential. the real question is whether someone can fill dillard's shoes. i'm hoping martin can, and it was good to finally see him in on defense last game. we know that no one can fill suh's shoes, but, particularly if moore is finally healthy again, we should be pretty good across the board up front. we'll need ankrah and someone else to provide depth at end. i'm not convinced yet by williams.

Our starting 4 may be a small step back, but we'll also have a better rotation especially if we can get some DT presence from a certain JUCO coming in.

Our starting 4 may be a small step back, but we'll also have a better rotation especially if we can get some DT presence from a certain JUCO coming in.

we should indeed have slightly better depth (four each at end and tackle instead of 3 each), but could lose it quickly with any injuries unless freshmen are ready to go (talking to you, owa).

meredith, williams, ?

crick, randle, ?

steinkuhler, moore, ?

allen, ankrah, ?

yup, we should be comparable defensively. the safeties will be missed, but the new ones have potential. the real question is whether someone can fill dillard's shoes. i'm hoping martin can, and it was good to finally see him in on defense last game. we know that no one can fill suh's shoes, but, particularly if moore is finally healthy again, we should be pretty good across the board up front. we'll need ankrah and someone else to provide depth at end. i'm not convinced yet by williams.

Safety is a big hit no doubt, but PJ Smith has gotten some quality time this year and has played well. Thenarse may be able to come back and call me crazy but he seemed to be playing much better before he got hurt. Hagg will most likely be at Safety full time next season and I think he will be great there, he is a very good player where ever they put him. Safety should be good. It helps that at CB and NB there are returning Studs in Prince, Dennard, and Gomes, add to them a plethora of others to help fill in such as Green, Blue, Thorell, Middleton, etc. and the Defensive Backfield may be the best in the Big XII.

At LB, losing Dillard hurts a lot. Compton has played much better of late, but I am not sold on Fisher yet. I loved the young man's potential coming into the season and he looks better but he will have to make a dramatic improvement to keep from having a drop off there. Assuming NU plays mostly Nickle packages, I think Compton will be good at one spot but who will fill out the other spot? Martin, Whaley, Williams (Coming off of injury but is possibly the best young backer in waiting on the roster), Fisher and May will all get shots to get that other spot.

D-line is interesting, how does the line make up for Suh's impact? Allen and Crick are coming back. Can Crick handle the double teams and still produce as Suh did? Expecting Crick to put up the same numbers as he did this year or what Suh has done these past 2 years I think is a bit much. I think he will have a drop off in overall production, but still be an impact by taking on Doubles and Triple Teams. If Crick can get 2/3 of his overall production next year as a Jr. then I think that is good. Can Pierre Allen get back to the level of production he had last season where he was 4th on the team in tackles and had double digit TFL's and 5.5 sacks? I think he has to to help offset the loss of production from Suh. I think Meredith will at the very least match Turner's output this season, probably surpass it IMO. Finally can Baker, Moore, Randall, etc. come close to matching Crick's output this year? Baker got a lot of snaps this year and recent feedback from Carl on Moore has been positive. Randall is supposed to be a playmaker in waiting. It is possible that Ankrah and Williams also contribute at DE.

Overall I like this Defense's potential. Can they be better, not sure but I think they can be top 15 level again.