Hardest loss to stomach

The most painful was the 94 Orange Bowl v. FSU. I went out and puked on an effigy of Herbie Husker on my friend's lawn. Then I stayed in bed until noon the next day with a hangover... it was miserable.

Iowa State this year was awful... my daughter's first experience at Memorial Stadium. I hope she can forgive me.

This Texas game was right up there... but because we weren't that great all season, it didn't hurt quite as bad as the 83 Miami game.

Hmmm.... Huskers have put us through lots of disappointments over the years :(

Time will tell how this game ranks among the most painful. I can definitely say this... there has never been a season with this many heartbreakers. Virginia Tech, Iowa St., Texas. Three games that would have been different had a single play gone differently. O'Hanlon's blown cover 2, Paul's fumbled ball tip-toeing the sidelines on his way into the endzone, Adi's curveball out of bounds. Brutal.

My biggest heartbreakers:

• '78 vs. Mizzou (after beating OU)
  • '82 Penn State (extended endzone)
  • '84 Orange bowl vs. Miami (failed 2 pt. conversion)
  • '86 vs. OU (Holieway to Jackson)
  • '94 Orange bowl vs. Florida State (Bennett missed FG)
  • '96 vs. Texas (James Brown 4th and 2")
  • '05 vs. TTU (Le Kevin fumble)
  • '07 vs. Texas (Nunn fumble)
  • '09 vs. VT
  • '09 vs. Texas

This loss is turning out to not be that bad, which oddly enough, is because I live away from Nebraska. I live in Chicago, but all my friends and acquaintances know I'm from Nebraska. Today, everyone upon seeing me says something along the lines of "Nebraska got screwed!," when usually it is much more sarcastic. So yes, it was a heart breaker, but everyone knows what happened, and that makes it a little easier to take...

i could give a fcuk about the BTC...I just wanted a chance to put a hurting on Iowa in the Fiesta. Wouldn't have got the matchup anyway. Az is a good matchup for us. i'm looking foreward to sending SUH to the NFL with a bang.

We made huge strides this year. We will make more next. The healing has begun. We <3 you, BO

Go Huskers! Go SUH! Roll Tide!

dont ya think this team should try once again -- or however many times it would take -- to beat iowa state before it tries to play on the same field with the big boys like iowa

i could give a fcuk about the BTC...I just wanted a chance to put a hurting on Iowa in the Fiesta. Wouldn't have got the matchup anyway. Az is a good matchup for us. i'm looking foreward to sending SUH to the NFL with a bang.

We made huge strides this year. We will make more next. The healing has begun. We <3 you, BO

dont ya think this team should try once again -- or however many times it would take -- to beat iowa state before it tries to play on the same field with the big boys like iowa

Iowa? Big boy? :LOLtartar

Iowa? Big boy? :LOLtartar

Iowa is 5-7 against Iowa State the last 12 years. I guess your definition of "Big boy" is like that on the "Mommy, Wow! I'm a big kid now" diaper commercial.

My biggest heartbreakers:

• '78 vs. Mizzou (after beating OU)
  • '82 Penn State (extended endzone)
  • '84 Orange bowl vs. Miami (failed 2 pt. conversion)
  • '86 vs. OU (Holieway to Jackson)
  • '94 Orange bowl vs. Florida State (Bennett missed FG)
  • '96 vs. Texas (James Brown 4th and 2")
  • '05 vs. TTU (Le Kevin fumble)
  • '07 vs. Texas (Nunn fumble)
  • '09 vs. VT
  • '09 vs. Texas

06' Texas, I was in North End zone hugging complete strangers. I told my buddy "We are partying all night man. We are so Fu$$ing due against these F$$ks!!" Instead of partying in Lincoln , we made a beeline to Shoemaker's ate the beef and noodles and didn't say a word on the way back to Kearney. I will be there next year for this game!!! 06' was the loudest crowd I ever heard. My eyeballs were rattling in my head!

Like Mack Brown said coming into the game, Nebraska is one or two plays away from being undefeated...

Kind of hard to see how 1 or 2 plays would erase 3 losses, not to mention that we weren't even close against TTech.

Anyway, the 1984 Orange Bowl stands out among the rest to me.

The rest of Craigsker's list probably pretty much matches mine, though there were a few more last minute OU losses that really, really sucked.

You mean like Northwestern Academy for the Armless?

9-4-99 - NU 42 @Iowa 7

9-23-00 Iowa 13 @NU 42

12-30-2000 Alamo bowl - NU 66- Northwestern AA - 17

NU- IU Series: NU 26-12-3

Iowa's last win? 9-12-81 10-7

Keep dreaming, douchington