Where do we rank?

typ3kal

Granted our defense isn't #1 stat wise in the nation... Mostly due to an inept offense that has kept us on the field more than any other top 25 defense in the nation, where do you put our defense compared to others?

My top 3:

1. Nebraska (Yea I'm a homer)

2. Alabama

3. TCU

honorable mention: Flordia

No way Alabama holds Texas to 13 in their game. They take the W but our defense is the best in the nation :bonez

Depends. We've had some troubling lapses on defense this year. There have been times when this defense has played brilliantly, and there have been times when I've cringed watching them.

I know this - I wouldn't trade these guys for anyone else in the nation, and I'd have said that before the CCG, easy.

The thing that you have to consider about our defense is how long they've had to be on the field versus the other top defenses. Those teams with top defenses all have good or great offenses that give their D time to breath as well as keep opposing offenses from racking up more yards. If we had an offense like Alabama or Florida or Texas, our D would have phenomenal statistics, because the opposition's offense wouldn't see the field nearly as much. It is easy for a defense to look good when your offense is actually helping you. That's exactly what makes our group such a phenomenal unit--they did all this without help!

Knapp brought up a good point about occasional lapses in our D. I really think that our D has had a tendency to let up a little when they thought they could get away with it. Then when you really need them, they clamp down like a pit bull. In the games where they know that they have to carry the offense, our D plays brilliantly from wire to wire, so I think it is a matter of motivation more than anything else. I wouldn't trade them for any other defense out there. We've only asked them to work twice as hard as they should have had to work this year. God bless 'em.