We Will Be Better Than Just Fine Next Year

Sorry, I know this has been addressed multiple times, but I gotta throw out my two cents. Hope some of you guys agree with me.

I think we are a good team at this point, on the verge of being something really special. We have an absolutely LIGHTS OUT defense, probably top 5 in the nation when you do not base it solely on statistics (I.E., intangibles, heart, future outlook, etc.) You have to believe we are becoming a premiere, "destination" defensive school for recruits. And the scary thought is that we will continue to get BETTER.

The offense is struggling mightily and is definitely holding us back at this point. Bo and Carl are just like us... they have to be steamed to high hell that we got jobbed Saturday. Playing the B12 championship in the HEART of Texas is retarded. Blatant advantage to TU. But they also know that if we had ANY SEMBLANCE of an offense, it wouldn't have been an issue and we would've rolled them in that game. They WILL get the O fixed or at least on the right track this offseason. And scarier yet, I guarantee they WILL NOT forget about that game, or the ISU game, or the Va. Tech game, or the offensive clusterf*ck that was the Texas Tech game. No one will forget this 2009 season and how it transpired. How heartbreaking some of these games were. Some of you probably read the article about Carl yelling at TU players and Bo blowing a fuse in the locker room, yelling, "BCS! THAT"S WHY THEY MAKE THAT CALL!" But did any of you happen to catch the video of it on the news on Sunday? He was literally yelling. Not just Bo's impatient, PO'd voice that he uses with the media when they ask questions he doesn't like. He was yelling. Also, some sweet footage of him tearing Dan Beebe, the B12 commish, a new one. Beebe just took it and stared at Bo like a moron.

Anyway, neither the Pelinis nor any of the players will forget. Our coaches won't let them, and one should hope they do not want to. The whole team will be OUT FOR BLOOD next season, and should be aiming to absolutely bludgeon any other team that gets in the way. TO BEAT THEM INTO THE DUST. I actually realistically feel sorry for some of those teams. And Bo will step up and handle the offensive situation... hopefully with some help from Dr. Tom. He will either boot Wats for the sake of change, or he won't. But you can bet Bo and Dr. Tom will both have their say in what offensive identity we assume next year. I will say one thing though. It all starts up front, on both sides of the ball, and our once heralded offensive line looks like a high school one. Cotton needs to go, absolutely. No doubt in my mind. And yeah, I know... dedhoarsededhoarsededhoarse . I appreciate his NU ties, but our O Line is NOT EFFECTIVE, plain and simple. They are not as devoid of talent as some people think, but I think they simply need a much better coach. I once read an article last year about Barney. It said the players appreciated how, unlike our previous line coach, he stressed "results and not technique." Well, I'm not seeing a whole hell of a lot of either, and now our players just do not know proper technique to handle defensive players. It is amazing that we made a power running game work with this line. I think this is the weakest link and the obvious first issue that needs addressed. I see brighter days ahead for this line, with incoming talent in RS Frosh and HS Seniors ARod and Moody, if only we find an effective coach.

There, all talked out. Thoughts?

Sorry, I know this has been addressed multiple times, but I gotta throw out my two cents. Hope some of you guys agree with me.

I think we are a good team at this point, on the verge of being something really special. We have an absolutely LIGHTS OUT defense, probably top 5 in the nation when you do not base it solely on statistics (I.E., intangibles, heart, future outlook, etc.) You have to believe we are becoming a premiere, "destination" defensive school for recruits. And the scary thought is that we will continue to get BETTER.

The offense is struggling mightily and is definitely holding us back at this point. Bo and Carl are just like us... they have to be steamed to high hell that we got jobbed Saturday. Playing the B12 championship in the HEART of Texas is retarded. Blatant advantage to TU. But they also know that if we had ANY SEMBLANCE of an offense, it wouldn't have been an issue and we would've rolled them in that game. They WILL get the O fixed or at least on the right track this offseason. And scarier yet, I guarantee they WILL NOT forget about that game, or the ISU game, or the Va. Tech game, or the offensive clusterf*ck that was the Texas Tech game. No one will forget this 2009 season and how it transpired. How heartbreaking some of these games were. Some of you probably read the article about Carl yelling at TU players and Bo blowing a fuse in the locker room, yelling, "BCS! THAT"S WHY THEY MAKE THAT CALL!" But did any of you happen to catch the video of it on the news on Sunday? He was literally yelling. Not just Bo's impatient, PO'd voice that he uses with the media when they ask questions he doesn't like. He was yelling. Also, some sweet footage of him tearing Dan Beebe, the B12 commish, a new one. Beebe just took it and stared at Bo like a moron.

Anyway, neither the Pelinis nor any of the players will forget. Our coaches won't let them, and one should hope they do not want to. The whole team will be OUT FOR BLOOD next season, and should be aiming to absolutely bludgeon any other team that gets in the way. TO BEAT THEM INTO THE DUST. I actually realistically feel sorry for some of those teams. And Bo will step up and handle the offensive situation... hopefully with some help from Dr. Tom. He will either boot Wats for the sake of change, or he won't. But you can bet Bo and Dr. Tom will both have their say in what offensive identity we assume next year. I will say one thing though. It all starts up front, on both sides of the ball, and our once heralded offensive line looks like a high school one. Cotton needs to go, absolutely. No doubt in my mind. And yeah, I know... dedhoarsededhoarsededhoarse . I appreciate his NU ties, but our O Line is NOT EFFECTIVE, plain and simple. They are not as devoid of talent as some people think, but I think they simply need a much better coach. I once read an article last year about Barney. It said the players appreciated how, unlike our previous line coach, he stressed "results and not technique." Well, I'm not seeing a whole hell of a lot of either, and now our players just do not know proper technique to handle defensive players. It is amazing that we made a power running game work with this line. I think this is the weakest link and the obvious first issue that needs addressed. I see brighter days ahead for this line, with incoming talent in RS Frosh and HS Seniors ARod and Moody, if only we find an effective coach.

There, all talked out. Thoughts?

Very good post!!! I just have a feeling that starting with the Holiday Bowl, you are going to see a VERY pissed off Husker team out for blood. Hopefully, in the off season, Cotton is gone and either Spano remains healthy or Green steps up. I have confidence that Bo and Dr. Tom will get the offense on track and the Huskers will tear through college football like a freight train.

I dont think we will have any coaching changes next year unless a coach leaves on his own for a better job. However, i would agree with you in that i think Cotton needs to go and i am really starting to lean towards Watson getting the boot also (falling would be a better word that leaning at this point).

Everything does start upfront and from what i saw in 2003 and from what i heard from Iowa St. fans, Cotton does not produce dominant O-lines. I would like to add that if you look at Cotton on wikkipedia he does have a decent resume, but personally i am not seeing the results on the field this year.

I would like to know is there any cotton fans out there that can give some good reasons why this guy should stay. Let me know cause i want to like this guy but i cant find many reasons to want him as our coach

where is the video of Pelini tearing Beebe?

It showed on one of the Omaha News Stations Sunday night. I tried to look it up online but to no avail. Hopefully it will turn up soon... Awesome Vid. Bo's fire really shows through. The sound bite from the locker room was cool, so was the vid of him confronting Beebe. Unfortunately, the Beebe segment had no audio.