Looking ahead to next year

Nexus

I know, but I'm bored. :lol:

Anyway I realized that Idaho's QB Nate Enderle is a 3-year starter from North Platte, Neb. He'll be a Sr. next season when we play them. So that should be fun to watch just for that alone.

Another thing about Idaho is they only lose 12 seniors this year and bring back pretty much everyone on Defense except a couple Safeties and a DT. They'll also lose a few from the Offense, one of them 2009 Consensus All-American OL Mike Iupati.

Last but not least, Idaho is playing in the Humanitarian Bowl against Bowling Green in the early game on ESPN followed by the NU/AZ Holiday Bowl.

I think Idaho may give us better competition next season than what the Sun Belt teams gave us this year. Should be a fun game to watch.

I don't believe Idaho will give NU much of a challenge next year. They were a feel good story this year yes, but, they are a 5 loss team out of the WAC. They didn't even come close to touching any decent teams this year.

Unless NU makes absolutely no progress on the offensive side of the ball, I don't see how Idaho has any chance in that game.

I don't believe Idaho will give NU much of a challenge next year. They were a feel good story this year yes, but, they are a 5 loss team out of the WAC. They didn't even come close to touching any decent teams this year.

Unless NU makes absolutely no progress on the offensive side of the ball, I don't see how Idaho has any chance in that game.

Its not so much Idaho giving NU a game as much as it is they are a little better quality than originally thought they would be.

Its not so much Idaho giving NU a game as much as it is they are a little better quality than originally thought they would be.

They probably won't be much better than the upper half of the Sun Belt, so I think it will be okay.

They probably won't be much better than the upper half of the Sun Belt, so I think it will be okay.

You're completely missing the point. Typical....

No I completely got your point. You thought when you scheduled Idaho that it was going to be an easy knockover game, and now it appears it won't be as easy.

This I counterpointed by saying that this game will still be as easy of a game as the day you scheduled them. The fact they won a couple more games this year than they normally do isn't going to change that.

Essentially nothing has changed for your program.

No I completely got your point. You thought when you scheduled Idaho that it was going to be an easy knockover game, and now it appears it won't be as easy.

This I counterpointed by saying that this game will still be as easy of a game as the day you scheduled them. The fact they won a couple more games this year than they normally do isn't going to change that.

Essentially nothing has changed for your program.

No. Point missed.

I said that everyone was saying how TERRIBLE this schedule was and that every team on it was terrible and doesn't deserve to be on any schedule, let alone all on the same. Now, there is at least a win column from this year to go along with the team name next year. Nothing about them not being so easy. They are still going to be a pushover in the way ULaLa was.

I said that everyone was saying how TERRIBLE this schedule was and that every team on it was terrible and doesn't deserve to be on any schedule, let alone all on the same. Now, there is at least a win column from this year to go along with the team name next year. Nothing about them not being so easy. They are still going to be a pushover in the way ULaLa was.

Well hell, nearly every team outside of the Pac-10 teams schedule a bunch of pansy teams, it's just the way it is. The funny thing is that if you check out many teams message boards they whine and complain about their schedule and how they don't want to go to boring games and they want someone good put on the schedule. Then they get their wish, get beat, and then inevitably the posts start changing into "I can't believe we scheduled this team"

Its kind of the reason why teams won't schedule the Boise, Utah, BYU type teams.