Blackshirts back when??

C N Red

Not sure how I missed this and how the hell I never heard about it, but when were the original Blackshirts handed out this year?? I don't remember reading anything about them being handed out to anyone. I was under the impression that nobody had one yet and I was getting a little disappointed since Suh obviously was deserving. Any info, and a slap along side my head, would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm not surprised you missed it because this staff has a ridiculous system of handing out Blackshirts to a hand full of players at a time through out the season, instead of all at the beginning of the year.

To me it makes about as much sense as having separate team captains for each game, but then again I'm just a fan so what do I know. :dunno

Not sure how I missed this and how the hell I never heard about it, but when were the original Blackshirts handed out this year?? I don't remember reading anything about them being handed out to anyone. I was under the impression that nobody had one yet and I was getting a little disappointed since Suh obviously was deserving. Any info, and a slap along side my head, would be appreciated. Thanks.

The Friday prior to the Texas Tech game.

Henery, Harvey and Koehler awarded Blackshirts

Huskers Extra: Life in the Red

By BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON and GWYNETH ROBERTS / Lincoln Journal Star

Sunday, Dec 27, 2009 - 08:52:07 pm CST

SAN DIEGO— Alex Henery’s reward for his precise punting this year was an oversized jersey.

Hey, he’s not complaining, especially given the meaning of that jersey.

Before Sunday morning’s practice, the junior kicker was one of three Huskers awarded a Blackshirt.

Senior defensive end David Harvey and senior linebacker Colton Koehler were the others who received Blackshirts three days before Nebraska’s Holiday Bowl meeting with Arizona.

Defensive coordinator Carl Pelini noted that it’s tradition for senior defensive players like Harvey and Koehler to receive the prized practice jerseys during bowl week.

“And Alex Henery was quite a weapon for us defensively, how he’s punted and he’s kicked,” Pelini said. “So that was very deserved too.”