Future Games

About the Boise game I thought it was more because if we added Boise to the schedule we'd be running the same kind of gauntlet that Miami did early in the year where they faced like 3/4 teams that were ranked. The schedule wouldn't look pretty for us, add to the fact the other reasons and I don't think we'd look to them for a game with them anytime soon.

I dont know if I would use the term gauntlet even if we did at B-state.

2011-2012

Sat, Sep 10 Fresno State Lincoln, Neb. TBA

Sat, Sep 17 Washington Memorial Stadium TBA

Sat, Sep 24 Wyoming at Laramie, Wyo. TBA

Sat, Oct 08 Kansas State * Memorial Stadium TBA

Sat, Oct 15 Texas * at Austin, Texas TBA

Sat, Oct 22 Oklahoma State * Memorial Stadium TBA

Sat, Oct 29 Missouri * at Columbia, Mo. TBA

Sat, Nov 05 Iowa State * Memorial Stadium TBA

Sat, Nov 12 Kansas * at Lawrence, Kan. TBA

Sat, Nov 19 Texas A&M * Memorial Stadium TBA

Fri, Nov 25 -

Sat, Nov 26 Colorado * at Boulder, Colo. TBA

I had the pleasure of going up to Laramie in November to watch TCU. Since I have family associated with the football team, my friend and I were wearing TCU gear. We stopped at Wendy's when we go into town for something to eat. The people in line were friendly and kept asking us to "take it easy on them." Went to the liquor store across the street and it was more of the same, people excited for the game and hoping the blowout wasn't too severe.

On the way into the game, we were stopped by some Wyoming fans and treated to a beer and talked a little football with them at their tailgate. Inside the stadium was a little different. 8 or 9 out of every 10 people that walked by called the TCU fan section "f****s," "purple f****s," or some variation. Then there were a few that stopped and said they were hoping TCU would dominate in the BCS because it looked good for the conference and can only benefit everyone in the Mtn West. At some point, a Wyoming fan punch the TCU mascot, Super Frog. He was led out by security.

At half time, we went to the car to have a couple cocktails. On the way there, it was more of the same. "Don't kill us too badly" or people calling us "f****s" again. We headed back into the game and almost had a confrontation with some little mongrel who was definitely not a friend of the English language. All that could be understood through his "accent" was "purple f****s," "f****s" and "go back to Texas." The alcohol and his 20 friends must have made him feel good enough to talk smack to 2 guys.

Two years ago, my parents witnessed 3 or 4 Wyoming fans jump a student equipment manager carrying stuff to the truck. A family friend of ours had his daughter's boyfriend get beat up by 4 or 5 Wyoming fans after the Texas game this year. The guy that got beat up went to Wyoming for undergrad and is now going to grad school there. He is originally from Texas, and therefore a Longhorns fan and wore a Texas shirt that day.

I'm not trying to paint Laramie as a bad place or Wyoming fans as terrible people. I had a similar experience in Ames, an ISU girl punched me. A young ISU guy tried to fight 30 or 40 Husker fans. I'm sure it's similar to most college campuses. Don't start nothin, won't be nothin.

Edit: Apparently f.ag.got is filtered out on here.

In addition:

Wyoming's stadium is actually kinda cool. Not Memorial cool, or the Big House cool, or the Shoe cool. It's open on both ends. One end has the huge pine trees. You definitely get the mountain feeling just being there. They are also in the process of upgrading their press box. Bathroom facilities/concessions are decent enough. I don't usually deal much with that stuff, I just go for the football.