2010-11 Predictions

i agree ^....i dont see us losing unless we beat ourselves. with a d like this year, adn even a lil better offense then this year...i dont see us losing. ORDER RESTORED!!! 2010 is a whole new decade, time for NE to make that run again!

2010 is a new decade and the new 1990's. It's going to be a good decade. Pelini will bring us back to national prominance.

I think it is a little early to think that we will probably be in the MNC game next year. One game moving the ball doesn't mean we will be great on offense next year. We don't need nominal improvement, we need to improve by leaps and bounds. Yeah, Lee was hurt and now we have the wildcat, but a good defense will still be able to slow down this group. It is not loaded with talent. The more troubling part is that everyone is sure the D will be better. We lose key people. I like how PJ looks at safety and Martin should be a good fill in for PhilDill at lb, but PD was playing fast and tackling sure there at the end. It is easy to say that the group will make up for Suh's absence, but I don't think it is that simple. His presence in the huddle alone must have made the rest of the guys play harder. How could you come back to the huddle after taking a play off and look that guy in the eye? How could you watch him grab a running back from behind and pull him backwards before he could hit the line of scrimmage, or rag doll a qb without it inspiring you to play at a higher level. Who is going to command the double team to allow everyone else a little easier time with blockers?

I've also seen where a star player leaves, although it usually happens on offense, and the unit improves overall, because of that player's absence. I just don't see that happening here. If offered, I'd take the exact same defensive performance we had this year for next year before I'd take the chance that we will improve, even if Bo and Carl say so.

I look at the schedule and agree 12 wins are possible and 11 wins are probable.

My question is what happens if this team ends up 8-4...with this schedule...It would be worse than the 7-7 season or even some of the losing seasons that Callahan had...

11 wins is not only doable, it should be expected...