Refresh my memory.

Are you talking about that anonymous coaches polling they did last year? I think they talked about it during last years VT game, but I'm not 100% sure.

This.

I could have watched that game back and told you what specifically was said, but I had to clear some DVR space a few weeks back. I wonder if anyone on here still has it. :dunno

What anonymous coaching poll?

I forget which team, GB is probably correct on that, but the coach said that we were marginally talented but really well coached. A kind of backhanded compliment. (Which may also have a degree of truth to it - we're talented, but not Florida talented and have no business fielding a defense better than theirs without the coaching and scheme we have)

That'd be FAU's coach that you're thinking of. I think he said something along the lines of "Yeah, they're good, but nothing special" about our defense? But I don't know for sure, my memory is fuzzy as well.

my bad, San Jose St was first to come to mind, forgot all about FAU... <_<

I know what you're talking about though I don't have the exact quote. It was kind of a mixed compliment/insult. He said we were well coached and executed well despite not having that great of athletic talent. I remember specifically that was what he criticized, that our athleticism wasn't anything special. I don't get really offended by it though - we aren't, across the board, as talented as many other teams, but we have the discipline, execution, coaching, and work-ethic to make up for it. See the Texas game and OU games for examples.

Besides, with the coaching we have and the work-ethic we've instilled in our players, superior athletic talent will be here soon enough.

His quote was...."I think it's a team that has about the best coach that I've been around lately," Schnellenberger said of Bo Pelini. "I think they have some very good players, but I don't think they're overly talented."

"And that's a compliment. It's not to take anything away from them. They play hard, they run hard, they block hard, they tackle hard, and they're a very physical football team."

.... He also said Rusty Smith was as talented as Bernie Kosar, so TTFWIW.

His quote was...."I think it's a team that has about the best coach that I've been around lately," Schnellenberger said of Bo Pelini. "I think they have some very good players, but I don't think they're overly talented."

"And that's a compliment. It's not to take anything away from them. They play hard, they run hard, they block hard, they tackle hard, and they're a very physical football team."

.... He also said Rusty Smith was as talented as Bernie Kosar, so TTFWIW.

Yeah, I don't think he was slamming NU at all...in fact just about the opposite. They interviewed him on local radio (1620 ESPN) and he actually went as far as to say this defense is every bit as good as the defenses in the early 80's and mid 90's.