Brown's bust in BCS good news for Bo

Outcoached "every time"? Really? LOL.

I am no Texas fan by any stretch of the imagination, in fact I root against them adamantly in almost every situation (except when it somehow would benefit Nebraska)...but he is the winningest coach of the decade. Look at the program before he went there, they floundered under two different head coaches for over ten years.

He is a great recruiter, no doubt, and that is a key element of building a successful NCAA program. Is he the most brilliant tactical coach in college football? Probably not. He just keeps on winning games while other more "brilliant" coaches come and go. He's won more games than anyone else in the past ten years--and made Texas football the most financially successful program in the country by a long shot--and that's what he gets paid to do. Did he mishandle the QB situation this season? Probably. However, I think one of the key reasons for that was leaving Colt McCoy in games to pad his numbers and increase his Heisman chances.

Hell, when has Mack Brown even had a season like Pete Carroll had this year? It's not only about bringing in talent.

I hope Bo "sucks" as much as Mack Brown over the next ten years.

I count both Brown and Stoops as having 110 wins this decade. Is that right? Is that the most wins for a coach this decade?

I am no Texas fan by any stretch of the imagination, in fact I root against them adamantly in almost every situation (except when it somehow would benefit Nebraska)...but he is the winningest coach of the decade. Look at the program before he went there, they floundered under two different head coaches for over ten years.

He is a great recruiter, no doubt, and that is a key element of building a successful NCAA program. Is he the most brilliant tactical coach in college football? Probably not. He just keeps on winning games while other more "brilliant" coaches come and go. He's won more games than anyone else in the past ten years--and made Texas football the most financially successful program in the country by a long shot--and that's what he gets paid to do. Did he mishandle the QB situation this season? Probably. However, I think one of the key reasons for that was leaving Colt McCoy in games to pad his numbers and increase his Heisman chances.

Hell, when has Mack Brown even had a season like Pete Carroll had this year? It's not only about bringing in talent.

I count both Brown and Stoops as having 110 wins this decade. Is that right? Is that the most wins for a coach this decade?

With that much talent, there are no excuses. I have watched him over the years, and yes, he will win a lot of games. Big games??? I am not sold the NC game with Vince Young wasn't coaching, that was talent. I remember when he was back at UNC, they had Dre Bly, Ellis, Jeff Saturday and a whole slew of talented guys. FSU came to town on a Thursday Night and they got blown out. Then shortly thereafter he left for UT. I am not saying he is a bad coach, I am saying he will get the talent to win 9-10 wins. But he is suspect in big games. Something odd happens.

With that much talent, there are no excuses. I have watched him over the years, and yes, he will win a lot of games. Big games??? I am not sold the NC game with Vince Young wasn't coaching, that was talent. I remember when he was back at UNC, they had Dre Bly, Ellis, Jeff Saturday and a whole slew of talented guys. FSU came to town on a Thursday Night and they got blown out. Then shortly thereafter he left for UT. I am not saying he is a bad coach, I am saying he will get the talent to win 9-10 wins. But he is suspect in big games. Something odd happens.

Mack Brown is good coach, no doubt about it. His bowl game record is 8-4. He's 3-1 in BCS Bowl Games. Lately, the only real "big" game he's had to face has been against OU.