Maine Web Cast

Welcome aboard bigredmaniac!

I know theyve done a few in the past, but they are pretty few and far b/t. I imagine they would really be promoting the fact if they were webcasting any games this year, so if they arent listed on the site they probably arent offering any.

Thanks, Blackshirt, for the welcome. The following may be of interest: my question & Husker NSIDE's answer-

There is confusiton with posters on various forums regarding the rules of Husker football webcasts. What are the NCAA rules/Husker.com rules determining when Husker.com will webcast live a Husker game? For example, if the game is not commercially televised, under what circumstances will the wesite provide live streaming of the game? The Maine game may fall under this situation. What are the guidelines should a game be commercially televised? Additionally, what are your plans to require membership in NSIDE, before access to the webcast is accessible? I would like to share your answer to several forums.

Thanks, Roy

The following response is provided:

Roy,

For us to be able to stream a Football game comes down to TV rights. The TV Networks are still deciding what to do about live streaming and so we sometimes win and sometimes lose. What we have decided to do is post extended highlights of the game so you dont miss out.

We are continuing working to get as many live events as we can, but if the TV Network decides not to give us the rights, there isnt anything I can do. But if we tape the event, we will post highlights.

Thank you,

Jon Barnett

HuskersNside