Some good recruiting tidbits

Some other interesting tidbits:

Fairview Head Coach Tom McCartney on Kenny Bell: “I've been at Fairview for 17 years, and he's by far the fastest player we've ever had. He's been timed at 4.29 in the forty hand held twice, and I know in a college camp last summer he jumped 40 inches in the vertical. With him being 6-2, and being able to stride like he does, he's just a tremendous athlete. He's a great, great athlete. What jumps out at me for him as a person is that his personality is so contagious. He's a natural leader and a great person. He's also a real student of the game, and when you throw in his bloodlines from his father who played in the NFL (Ken Bell of the Denver Broncos), he's just the complete package.”

Wayzata Head Coach Brad Anderson on Tobi Okuyemi: “Tobi was for us a very big playmaker type of player. He has very good closing speed, was very difficult to block one-on-one , and he provided off-the-edge pressure. He is a high-quality individual who was selected by his teammates to represent them as a captain. He is quiet off the field, but he brings a high intensity demeanor when he plays.”

Fort Scott Head Coach Jeff Sims on Lavonte David: “Lavonte is probably the most natural football player I've been around in a long time. Where he excels above others is that he sees the whole field. He's also a very, very smart football player. I think what attracted the Nebraska staff to him is that, not only is he a great football player, but he has a very high football IQ. We would have won the (junior college) national championship because of a play Lavonte made, but a late punt return for a touchdown lost it for us. The play Lavonte made was in the fourth quarter. We had them at fourth down with five yards to go, and Lavonte was spying on all-everything quarterback Cameron Newton, and when he rolled out on the play Lavonte sacked him for a seven yard loss. He just makes plays like that all the time.”

Fort Scott Head Coach Jeff Sims on Jermarcus Hardrick: “What I like is his intensity. He's going to bring it to Nebraska. He didn't lose a game in high school, and he went 20-3 with us. He's a finisher. He's not just going to block a guy, he'll snap him.”

Staff writers also say that Bo and Cotton stopped by OKC Millwood HS and made a great impression on the staff there and introducted themselves to one of the top recruits for next season CB Josh Turner (6'0" 185, 4.45). Also told the staff they would be offering S Kevonte Richardson (6'1" 185, 4.6) and DT Davion Pearson (6'3" 315) very soon.

Writers also said don't be surprised if we land all three (Owa, Cooper, and Carnes)of our top recruits. Carnes will be the hardest since his visit this weekend will be the 2nd time he's been out of the state of Florida and the first was during nasty cold in Lincoln. Gotta think we can outduel S. Fla and W. Kentucky for this kid. Owa may be trying to sell his family on NU rather than the coaching staff selling him. Cooper had an in-home with Sanders last night and it went well. Sanders is apparently very relaxed with the whole situation so make your own take on that. Cooper brought FSU in to the picture late but cancelled his visit scheduled for this weekend. Kid is from Illinois and it's down to us, ND, Illinois, and Arizona. As a defensive player he has to have us up there. Getting even two of these guys will jump us up big time in the recruiting rankings.

• Fire 4