I would not have blamed Carnes for going to WKU

EZ-E

Jamal Turner IS the real deal. I am very high on this kid's game.

Eh. I'd be willing to bet that Jamal Turner is never the starting quarterback at Nebraska. If anything I think it's probably slightly more likely that he ends up playing slot. Jamal Turner's film looks to me like a more mobile Cody Green . . . but possibly an even less polished passer.

Hope you're right but I just don't see it.

Eh. I'd be willing to bet that Jamal Turner is never the starting quarterback at Nebraska. If anything I think it's probably slightly more likely that he ends up playing slot. Jamal Turner's film looks to me like a more mobile Cody Green . . . but possibly an even less polished passer.

I think one of the biggest things that might drive things in that direction isn't that he's a 'more mobile' Green...it's that he's a phenomenally mobile athlete, to the point where calling him 'mobile' is like calling Yao Ming 'a tall guy.' Here's hoping we got a playmaker one way or another.

I think one of the biggest things that might drive things in that direction isn't that he's a 'more mobile' Green...it's that he's a phenomenally mobile athlete, to the point where calling him 'mobile' is like calling Yao Ming 'a tall guy.' Here's hoping we got a playmaker one way or another.

This is solely based on what I have read here and on other boards, but Turner is an athlete first, and a quarterback second. There is no doubt that he will see the field, but it might not be as a signal caller. His impressive offer list is based on being an athlete or receiver. We're fortunate as he has stated that he will play any position to get on the field and he's very committed to NU.

I'm no expert, but in Carnes' film, he looks like a quarterback. He might have made only one or two reads, but poise is the first word that comes to mind when I watch his highlights. And he looks like a more promising passer. Green has apparently made a lot of strides in the off season, but I would guess that Carnes and hopefully Starling would be in our QB future.

This is all pure speculation, but I am very excited for the future depth, and to see how this all pans out.

• Fire 1

Yeah . . . I worded that poorly. I referenced Cody Green in the "he is not a very good passer" sense and not so much about either players' mobility.