I would not have blamed Carnes for going to WKU

EZ-E

Yeah to be honest I didn't really care whether we got Carnes or not. If he wants to see playing time I think he will have to go to the defensive side or maybe WR, but I don't know if he is fast enough for that. I too really think Jamal Turner is gonna be good. I still think CG will be a force at quarterback though, I still can't get him out of my head. They hype was so big for CG that he HAS to be GREAT.

I stand strong by my statement that Green will start the next 3 years. He is a man. He should have RS, but that is watoer under the bridge. Carnes will RS and backup Green and will have to fight off Turner. Turner will RS, and then he can battle Green for 1 yr and Carnes for 3 for the starting job.

Green 3 yr starter ( 2 at worst)

Carnes RS next yr, then backup to Green for 2, starts as a RS jr. for first few games, before Turner passes him.

Turner RS 2011, is c0 #2 in 2012 as RS fresh. , then takes over mid-season as RS soph. and starts 2 1/2 years.

See, I have it all figured out. Ha

I'm glad he didn't end up at WKU because now we'll have three 4* dual-threat QB's vying for the starting spot. If anything, it'll increase their level of competition and make them better. It also adds depth in case of injuries.

yeah props for Brion for nutting up and embracing the competition and not running to WKU to be a one man show... shows the kid wants to compete and isnt scared of the competition........ if anythign it will just push everyone that much more......

We shall see. There's a big mental component to the game as well, in addition to heart and desire, and these are things that are really hard to measure in terms of how they will translate from HS to college. I do have high hopes for him, but IMO that doesn't erase the need from our end for a kid who can come in and compete for the #2 job right away.

Have you seen this guys ability to find open receivers as he scrambles out of the pocket while he is on the run? He also makes decisions fast (something Lee lacked last semester) and because of his speed and ability to change directions quickly defenses will have to load the box to eliminate all the weapons we have back there... leaving tons of WR open and Carnes with the space he needs to run out of the pocket and execute a pass on the fly. BAM TOUCHDOWN!!! Just like Ganz did last year.

Have you seen this guys ability to find open receivers as he scrambles out of the pocket while he is on the run? He also makes decisions fast (something Lee lacked last semester) and because of his speed and ability to change directions quickly defenses will have to load the box to eliminate all the weapons we have back there... leaving tons of WR open and Carnes with the space he needs to run out of the pocket and execute a pass on the fly. BAM TOUCHDOWN!!! Just like Ganz did last year.

That is against HS talent.. thats not saying a lot. Lee could do that in HS too.. college is completly different.

• Fire 1

Amen to that. It's definitely encouraging to see him do that, especially against his quality of competition - but a lot of the guys we rag on now for not being able to do much, were doing the same thing in HS. What happened to Curenski, for example?

That said, I am pretty stoked about this Turner kid, in no small part because of how excited he is about Nebraska. I mean, he just loves us. It's weird. And pretty nice.

That is against HS talent.. thats not saying a lot. Lee could do that in HS too.. college is completly different.

With all due respect Zac Lee in his entire life has not ran with the football outside the pocket or all alone on a football field with no one else around for that matter the way Carnes has. There isn't a more stiffer looking runner than Zac Lee.

We shall see. There's a big mental component to the game as well, in addition to heart and desire, and these are things that are really hard to measure in terms of how they will translate from HS to college. I do have high hopes for him, but IMO that doesn't erase the need from our end for a kid who can come in and compete for the #2 job right away.

Totally agree Zoogies.

Every college team is stacked with "hometown stars." Let's see how they react after they get dinged a couple times by athletes the same caliber as they are.