It might have something to do with the Reputation feature. I'm guessing that since you're in the negative you can't post new topics either, is that true?

The reputation feature is being looked at. If it's causing too much trouble for people to use the site, it's possible it will be modified or eliminated. Thanks for the heads-up.

Huh. That's interesting, because I'm assuming you didn't start out with minus rep on the new board.

Mind if we do an experiment? :lol:

Actually I've done some reading up of the IPB reputation system : http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/1174/entry-2578-ipboard-3-reputation-system/page___gocomments__1

There seems to be no indication that it might affect users' ability to edit posts or submit new topics...This'll be something to look into though. If others are having trouble editing or posting, PLEASE let us know.

(edit) OK, looks like the rep system is not actually equipped to affect posting/editing ability - so if you guys do run into trouble, post here and let us know the browser/OS config you're using.

Huh. That's interesting, because I'm assuming you didn't start out with minus rep on the new board.

Mind if we do an experiment? :lol:

Actually I've done some reading up of the IPB reputation system : http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/1174/entry-2578-ipboard-3-reputation-system/page___gocomments__1

There seems to be no indication that it might affect users' ability to edit posts or submit new topics...This'll be something to look into though. If others are having trouble editing or posting, PLEASE let us know.

I am your lab rat. Where does it say I have a minus rep?

maybe you should try to have a better rep sham?? :sarcasm

Yeah - I'll lie just to give some impression they have a clue. :koolaid2:

Nice one though Minnesota Husker. Do me a favor. If you Kevin Cosbohl walking around your beautiful state - kick him in the "pills" for me. :nutz

Well, I am in Nebraska right now.. but if i go up, i would love to kick him for ya. I laughed when they hired him. For some reason gopher fans were surprised when tehre def was giving up like 30+ a game.

On your profile page: http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/user/5973-vince-from-shamwow/

Actually, I was just kidding about the experiment. Earlier your rep was -5, and I modded it up to +4 or something, to see if it would make a difference. I was gonna suggest maybe we should drag it back down to minus land for the heck of it :) Kidding, of course.

But the rep system is actually unable to affect editing ability, so I think it was just something else earlier. Maybe work vs home computer? In any case, glad it's working out now. If the problem crops up again, we'll have to look into it.

On your profile page: http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/user/5973-vince-from-shamwow/

Actually, I was just kidding about the experiment. Earlier your rep was -5, and I modded it up to +4 or something, to see if it would make a difference. I was gonna suggest maybe we should drag it back down to minus land for the heck of it :) Kidding, of course.

But the rep system is actually unable to affect editing ability, so I think it was just something else earlier. Maybe work vs home computer? In any case, glad it's working out now. If the problem crops up again, we'll have to look into it.

That's odd in that I can't make edits on our home computer (the one I'm on now) however I can on my laptops.

I just went to both laptops to make sure I could edit and I can on those - but, I can't on this computer.

That's odd in that I can't make edits on our home computer (the one I'm on now) however I can on my laptops.

I just went to both laptops to make sure I could edit and I can on those - but, I can't on this computer.

I would make sure your browsers are upgraded to the latest version on each computer.