NU vs. KU

4 point lead Big Red. Now i'm gonna preach. I know there's 16 minutes left and we have to finish, but this is why I'm a Doc fan and always have been, this team gives effort everynight. Anyone who secondguesses this team's wiilingness to play for him should be watching this game. They are a bunch of just-out-of-high-school freshman outplaying the best team in the nation now. :koolaid2:

4 point lead Big Red. Now i'm gonna preach. I know there's 16 minutes left and we have to finish, but this is why I'm a Doc fan and always have been, this team gives effort everynight. Anyone who secondguesses this team's wiilingness to play for him should be watching this game. They are a bunch of just-out-of-high-school freshman outplaying the best team in the nation now. :koolaid2:

I don't think many - at least not I - are complaining about on-the-court effort. It's the goofy substitutions, and other decisions about certain people not getting playing time has people pulling their hair out.

Sherron Collins never ceases to amaze me. Not a HUGE game tonight, but that dude can hit ANY shot. Wish we coulda gotten a win over him to shut him up. He never stops talking...but I guess he can back it up.

That's the best I can remember us playing down there though. I really hope we can keep these players we have; avoid transfers and such. Like the announcer said, we're missing McCray as the athletic scorer on the wing. This season is extremely frustrating, but honestly I didn't have very high expectations after injuries to Balham, McCray, and Niemann. Plus the loss of Cookie hurt us. Jeter has played well, but we don't have anyone who can come in and give us the same quality of minutes. Heck if Cookie was still here, Jeter would be the backup I'm guessing.

Doc just doesn't seem to have confidence in some guys game to game. After one year of experience, hopefully these guys develop the consistency that gives Doc confidence in them. We need to remember that although this is probably one of the most talented teams we've had recently, they lack experience. And the Big XII is absolutely loaded. We probably shouldn't be at the bottom of the league, but at least we're playing hard. As some people have said, just some mental mistakes and lack of scorers. If we can get some consistent scorers with our defense, we'll be a lot better.