Nebraska 6-0 to start the season

Please, pass the :smokin . It must be some high-grade $#it. We'll be VERY LUCKY to start the season 3-0. We could very easily be 2-3 before we go on the road to Baylor, and you'll recall that they beat Mizzou last year at home. Your scenario isn't impossible, but it is also possible that the team will be 1-6 when OU comes to town.

Our chances of being 6-0 are almost as good as the chances of a Nirvana reuinion tour. The Tech game will be like a love scene from "Oz," and it is by no means a sure thing that we beat Wake or Pitt.

I really hate to shatter anyone's illusions, but we're not good. And when you're not good, you don't run around predicting 9-2, 6-0, harvests of gold or sunshine on the mountains. You shut up until you don't suck any more, and then you can puff out your chest. Let's earn it before we spend it. We sucked last year, and there is a fairly decent chance that we will suck again this year.

Pittsburgh improved over the year last yar. Their number one problem is a new coach. How much change to the offense and defense he makes is the question. I would imagine he will install his ideas and this will hurt Pittsburgh.

I noticed today that some are picking Wake Forest over us. I think that is the toughest game until we play Tech. Been said before. No need to tell me how stupid I am.

It does appear this team is coming together better than last years. Cohesive is the word I think. I think it is very possible to be 5-1 after the road trip to Baylor, but I just do not feel we will get by Texas Tech this year. I honestly think we have a better chance of beating Oklahoma than Tech. I worry alot about Kansas this year to.

Either way the only thing that is important to me is to see the improvement needed to become competitive on a National level again. I think it is too much to ask for a contender for another couple of years. But the talent is coming in and if they are as good as porjected we should win the North.

WRT Pitt...Wannstedt said he wasn't changing the offense, he's going to work on the defense but thought his kids ran the offense successfully last year and that he'd do more harm than good changing systems on them (what a novel, earth-shattering concept.)

Pitt already ran a Pro Style WCO so not changing isn't really that big of a deal. It's not like they ran the option last year. Him working on the defense isn't that big of a suprise either since he is a defensive minded coach.