NCAA Proposed Rule Changes

sewardite4NU

Story

If passed, players who draw flags for taunting gestures on their way to a touchdown would have the penalty assessed from the spot of the foul, taking away the score. Penalties that occur in the end zone would continue to be assessed on the extra-point attempt, 2-point conversion try or ensuing kickoff.

I don't know about the taunting rule. I can see someone breaking loose for a potential game winner and pointing to the crowd or something before crossing the goal line and getting flagged and the team loses. Not saying I think taunting is ok, but I could see some officials getting a little carried away with it. But I'm sure they'll be guidelines set for it and such...no high stepping, pointing back, etc.

The article also mentions rules about players with concussions coming back and when they can do so.

Also:

Requiring players who wear ``eye black'' to use solid black with no words, logos, numbers or other symbols. That will be effective next season.

I would have liked to see this passed a year ago just to see Tebow's reaction.

Also:

Requiring players who wear ``eye black'' to use solid black with no words, logos, numbers or other symbols. That will be effective next season.

I didn't have a problem with Tebow putting bible versus on his eye black. I think this is a good time to stop it, I could see it getting out of hand pretty quickly.

thanks for posting this good info.

Also:

I didn't have a problem with Tebow putting bible versus on his eye black. I think this is a good time to stop it, I could see it getting out of hand pretty quickly.

Yeah I don't have a problem with it either...other people wear bible verses too. I just would have been curious to see how he reacted. I could see him saying something about it.

Also:

i loved the part where tebow sucks and cried like a woman.

Also:

Yeah I don't have a problem with it either...other people wear bible verses too. I just would have been curious to see how he reacted. I could see him saying something about it.

I personally hated it. Then again I feel the same way about bible verses as I do about area codes or a players hometown set. And that feeling is that I don't give a damn where your from or what religion you are, so stop being so damn full of yourself, STFU and play some football!

I love the rules changes and wish the NFL would do the same.

The entertainment is the game itself, not the post play antics. You want to show off and be an attention whore - go for it and have your TD taken away.

I would love to see other rules implemented about showing off.

As an example - if the D makes a stop or an interception/ fumble recovery and they show off - the offense is given a first down, +15 yards, and the ball back.

If the offense shows off on a first down/ TD - it results in a loss of down, -15 yards, and the first down/ TD is eliminated. If happens on 4th down then it's -15 yards and the ball goes over to the other team.

I don't know about the taunting rule. I can see someone breaking loose for a potential game winner and pointing to the crowd or something before crossing the goal line and getting flagged and the team loses. Not saying I think taunting is ok, but I could see some officials getting a little carried away with it. But I'm sure they'll be guidelines set for it and such...no high stepping, pointing back, etc.

I agree....I can see this 'taunting on the way to the end zone' rule leading to some controversial calls. I completely understand penalizing blatant taunting en route to a score, but I'm nervous that players will get flagged and have their scores taken away for subtle things like slowing down before scoring, holding the ball up in the air, etc.

I agree....I can see this 'taunting on the way to the end zone' rule leading to some controversial calls. I completely understand penalizing blatant taunting en route to a score, but I'm nervous that players will get flagged and have their scores taken away for subtle things like slowing down before scoring, holding the ball up in the air, etc.

Or this, at about the 35 second mark

He was notorious for doing this