What do you think about our D-line deph?

Crazy Joey

I am really hoping that our D line will hold up well for 2010 I know losing suh is tough but I think that our D line should still be pretty good next year I think that Ankrah Steinkuhler crick and moore should do pretty well Im just curious to see how well the interior of the D line handles it. I hope that crick can handle double teams now that suh is gone I hope baker comes along well too

• Fire 1

I am really hoping that our D line will hold up well for 2010 I know losing suh is tough but I think that our D line should still be pretty good next year I think that Ankrah Steinkuhler Potter and moore should do pretty well Im just curious to see how well the interior of the D line handles it. I hope that potter can handle double teams now that suh is gone I hope baker comes along well too

Potter? Do you mean Crick?

And depth is gonna be a huge advantage. In '09 we didn't have to depend so much on depth because our top 5 or 6 Dlinemen had such incredible motors. Where we lose one incredible DT & one solid DE, we add another 4 who are hungry & developing nicely under Pelini. That gives us 7-9 guys, so we should never be tired, especially when the game matters most - the 4th qtr.

Lol Joey you crack me up, you have like 40 posts and like 10 threads created. :thumbs

I don't really think this is something we need to worry about. We just recruited 6 Dlinemen, along with Crick, Allen, Steinkhuler, Cameron, Ankrah and Williams all ready to potentially start... I think we will be fine.

What I find most interesting about our line next year is the height, we have to be one of the tallest in the country. Crick and Steinkuhler are both 6'6", Allen is 6'5", Ankrah is 6'4", and Moore is one of the "short" guys at 6'3". I think this should be a nightmare for the shorter quarterbacks to throw against us. I'll be expecting a lot of pass deflections next season by these guys.

bones.2.gif

I just hope they live up the hype! There has been and will continue to a lot of talk about how good they are going to be. I guess my biggest question is will Crick be as good as he was this year? Did Suh take up that much attention? Also, will Baker be like Crick was this year?

I am excited about this group and the rest of the defense. Hopefully they can start scoring points!

I just hope they live up the hype! There has been and will continue to a lot of talk about how good they are going to be. I guess my biggest question is will Crick be as good as he was this year? Did Suh take up that much attention? Also, will Baker be like Crick was this year?

I am excited about this group and the rest of the defense. Hopefully they can start scoring points!

Baker really surprised me with how well he did last year, so I'm pretty optimistic. I also think Chase Rome could see some PT in there. I know I'm a little tipsy from all that kool-aid, but the guy is a freak.

Baker really surprised me with how well he did last year, so I'm pretty optimistic. I also think Chase Rome could see some PT in there. I know I'm a little tipsy from all that kool-aid, but the guy is a freak.

I hope your right about Chase. It could be a very interesting spring and fall with all of the competition on the d-line. It is nice to have that many guys who can play the position and play it well.

Losing Suh was a HUGE loss but watching Baker and Merridth come in to give our guys a break you knew that our defense wasn't going to be less effective. Everytime I saw Baker or Merridth in there I felt comfortable and relaxed because I knew our boys would get the job done.

Next year is going to be very interesting in the DT spot. We have Randle, Moore, Baker, and quite possible Rhome and Guy all competing for playing time. I know when Rhome committed he told HI that he didn't want to redshirt and wanted to come in right away and make an impact.

I also like our DE position as well. When Merridth came in to give Turner a break, I felt comfortable that he was going to get the job done. I'll probably feel comforable next season when the younger guys come in to give the starters a breather because of the depth and talent that we have and the coaches that we have coaching them. I'd like to see Ankrah and Williams see some significant playing time and I hoping that the Ankrah hype lives up to its meaning...........man is it football season yet