Give to me straight boys-

Not meaning to come off as condescending to you, to me it just sounded like you were trying to say you knew something that everyone else didn't. That's why I said it like that, I apologize. As far as coming off with that "tone" before, when? Other than when people were calling for Anderson's head last year without knowing more than the record of the baseball team, I've failed to see it. Enlighten me please. As far as Cooper is concerned, I really think the kid will make an impact further down the road this year. While he is on football scholarship, he is a freak of an athlete, and will still be conditioned and all for fall workouts. It's not like he's just sitting out spring ball (or fall ball for baseball) for nothing. Sure he doesn't get the time with teammates or with the playbook working on sport specific skills, but he still is competing at a division I level and staying it great shape. I don't think it hurts him too much.

Oh no, I differnetly don't know anything. I really feel like I am behind the eight ball this year. Usually, I turn my attention to baseball immediately after the end of NU's bowl game. This year, with the Saints still playing in January and the rise of NU women basketball, I just didn't have the time or the attention span to focus on the baseball team. This same weekend last year, I rented the 3rd base pavillion in Lafayette, Louisiana and threw a weekend party for Cajun/Nebraska series. The entire month before that game, I dissected every position/pitcher/etc.

I don't know why I just assummed Cooper would have been dissatisfied with our entire baseball program based on one year. That was probably just a tad presumptuous. I have loved this kid since NU started courting him and I was so excited when he signed. I just want him to make an impact in either sport, and both if possible. He is just a sophomore. I do have concerns with the WR thing- we have players who participate in spring ball who can't seem to get a grasp on the offense, but Cooper's a sharp kid and I look forward to seeing him compete.

And I hope no one jump ship on this year with our 0-2 start. How rough is it to never play outside and then face the 2008 NC, at home. Baseball is a game of failure.