More of the Same

He tried like hell to lose the game on Sunday!

What happened to giving him a month or so? Maybe you don't realize since you obviously don't know baseball, but Elon is back to back champions of the Southern Conference, which actually does have respect baseball wise. They also return a bunch of players from one of the BEST offensive teams last year. Also, Lemke was stellar again. We have a 4 run lead in the 9th inning, and we throw Nesseth to try and get some confidence back in him. He gives up a couple of runs, but gets out of the inning. How is that showing that ANDERSON "tried like hell to lose the game"? Ignorance. Thats how. Ignorance, simply every post you make.

I trecognize that know one knows baseball like you. I did not say a thing about Andeerson I was taking about Nesseth trying to lose the game! I think you have huge issues and why you choose to attack me on every post I have no clue. I said I would give Anderson a month and I will give him a month!

I am talking about Nesseth! Not anderson read the message!

I trecognize that know one knows baseball like you. I did not say a thing about Andeerson I was taking about Nesseth trying to lose the game! I think you have huge issues and why you choose to attack me on every post I have no clue. I said I would give Anderson a month and I will give him a month!

Actually, you didn't quote anyone, so it is usually assume that when you say something like what you said, normal people would assume you are talking about either A) the topic of the thread (bashing Anderson) or B) the post above you (talking about Anderson going downhill). No matter how you look at that, you are talking about Anderson. I don't choose to attack you at all. I simply respond to what you post. What you do is troll. You find any little thing to complain about, whether you know about it or not, and complain. Also, I hate to be grammar police, but half your threads seem like you're drunk when you post them with how you type. Is it a little too much to ask for words to be spelled and used right?

As moe said in another thread, you're a troll. No better way to put it.

I won't say what you are, it is interesting to me that you and only you seem to have the right answers. From what I have seen so far Nesseth is not the guy! I hope he gets it together because we need a closer. I am sure I have forgotten more about baseball then you know! But taht is just my opinion! Get a life and quit bashing!

I'm one of the biggest Anderson haters, and want him gone...but even I am waiting to see what happens when we get in the thick of the season. Like the guy or not he has to be given the season. I have never been a fan of firing any coach mid season, and its way to early to start grading.

I have not asked that Anderson be fired yet this year. I think he has talent on his team this year and we will see what he does with it. I do question using Nesseth right now as the closer. I question it because he has lost 2 of 3 games he was brought is as the closer on. he tried to give the game away on Sunday! He has huge control issues. I want someone who throws the ball over the plate, does not offer up walks or hit batters. Hell let the guys put the ball in play and have the defense makes some plays.

I won't say what you are, it is interesting to me that you and only you seem to have the right answers. From what I have seen so far Nesseth is not the guy! I hope he gets it together because we need a closer. I am sure I have forgotten more about baseball then you know! But taht is just my opinion! Get a life and quit bashing!

No, please, go ahead and say it. I would love to hear what you have to say since you seem to make a living out of bashing Anderson, I'd love to see what you can come up with for me. You say he "tried to give the game away" how? By giving up a couple of runs? He has to get game experience at some point and we need him to be the anchor of that pen. Plain and simple. Who else is it going to be if it isn't Nesseth? I understand he is struggling right now, I've said that multiple times too, but you can't pull the plug on him completely. Also, he didn't get a chance to close out the game Sunday, he went in in relief in the 9th inning, with a 4 run lead, not a save situation, hence not closing out the game. Notice how when the games were close in the 8th/9th since he's blown his 2 saves he hasn't been put in? Hmmm.... I have a life and I enjoy it quite a bit actually. If I'm bashing I'd hate to think what you think you're doing. All I'm doing is sticking up for a team that has a lot of talent and potential. I did take some time to look back a few years and see your posts were still the same then, always a debbie downer. You know they say life is a lot better when people aren't so pessimistic all the time right?

By the way havoc I have been sober for 17 plus years! So wtach the assumptions you make about people!

I guess analogies aren't your strong point either. I was comparing the way you type to how someone would type when they are drunk, never once said you were.

ELON 2006 3 games an out of the regional

Record vs. RPI Teams

1-50 6 - 11

51-100 16 - 4

101-200 14 - 1

201+ 9 - 2

ELON 2007 did not make a regional

Record vs. RPI/NPI Teams

RPI NPI

1-50 4 - 13 0 - 0

51-100 4 - 1 0 - 0

101-200 13 - 13 0 - 0

200+ 10 - 2 0 - 0

ELON 2008 3 games and out of regional

Record vs. RPI/NPI Teams

RPI NPI

1-50 5 - 11 5 - 9

51-100 12 - 4 5 - 4

101-200 14 - 3 17 - 3

200+ 13 - 0 17 - 2

ELON 2009 what do you know 3 and out...

Record vs. RPI/NPI Teams

RPI NPI

1-50 5 - 11 - 0 10 - 10 - 0

51-100 14 - 5 - 0 8 - 5 - 0

101-200 14 - 2 - 0 4 - 2 - 0

200+ 8 - 0 - 0 19 - 1 - 0

ELON 2006 3 games an out of the regional

Record vs. RPI Teams

1-50 6 - 11

51-100 16 - 4

101-200 14 - 1

201+ 9 - 2

ELON 2007 did not make a regional

Record vs. RPI/NPI Teams

RPI NPI

1-50 4 - 13 0 - 0

51-100 4 - 1 0 - 0

101-200 13 - 13 0 - 0

200+ 10 - 2 0 - 0

ELON 2008 3 games and out of regional

Record vs. RPI/NPI Teams

RPI NPI

1-50 5 - 11 5 - 9

51-100 12 - 4 5 - 4

101-200 14 - 3 17 - 3

200+ 13 - 0 17 - 2

ELON 2009 what do you know 3 and out...

Record vs. RPI/NPI Teams

RPI NPI

1-50 5 - 11 - 0 10 - 10 - 0

51-100 14 - 5 - 0 8 - 5 - 0

101-200 14 - 2 - 0 4 - 2 - 0

200+ 8 - 0 - 0 19 - 1 - 0

That's like saying a team that goes to the NCAA tourney as a 10-11 seed year after year isn't a solid team. And actually Nolan's numbers haven't proven as accurate as Boyds have so if you're going to use a fictitious number such as the Nolan Power Index, use the Iterative Strength Ratings (ISR) put out by boyd. I never said they are a great team, I said they are a solid team and will be NCAA tourney bound. You are laughing at them like it's playing Coppin State.

Does that 10-11 team ever advance? If not, then it is the same as saying they shouldn't have gone in the first place.

Doesn't matter what RPI they have, the point was how they did against top 50 competition...Not so well!

6-11 4-13 5-11 5-11 ... now take into account how they did in the tourney, 3 and out each year. Tourney bound doesn't mean jack, just look at NU the last few years!!

Anyway, we shall see if Elon is a good team or not by how the play.