WKU forums

Vuren

My sister goes to CU. CU is like Iran. They appear to be a nonsense program/fanbase on the outside, but actually have some good spirited fans on the inside. The general sentiment on campus was a frustrated but sportsmanlike attitude about being really bad currently. I didn't sense that they really hated any Big 12 team when I asked some people about it. Mostly everyone hated Colorado State and every other school was just "some Big 12 rival". It didn't seem to make a difference to them if they were playing TAMU or Nebraska, really.

as a WKU alum (and lifetime husker fan) and hilltopperhaven poster, i can assure you that most of those guys are pretty cool. one thing that you have to remember is that western has had a successful d-1aa team in the past but are now trying to assimilate into d-1a. and so far it hasn't been too successful. it remains to be seen if wku can hang with some of the schools in their conference, much less the big boys like nebraska. also, to counterpoint some of the posters in this thread:

-WKU is not a small school, not a big school. there are around 21,000 students

-only one guy on there likes colorado.

-western is a basketball school first and foremost. while not on the "big boy" radar, they do have one of the more decorated programs historically. i have seen several historical rankings and wku usually is in the #18-25 area.

-western is already recruiting with the big boys in football. almost getting carnes from nebraska is a big accomplishment. also, they had the highest ranked recruiting class in their conference, albeit filled with 2 and 3 star players. they also have a young, black head coach who played quarterback at the school. this will help in pulling kids out of other areas to come play at wku.

-mammoth cave (and the other caves in the region) are great. bowling green is an awesome town and the surrounding areas are some of the most scenic in the midwest/country.

as a WKU alum (and lifetime husker fan) and hilltopperhaven poster, i can assure you that most of those guys are pretty cool. one thing that you have to remember is that western has had a successful d-1aa team in the past but are now trying to assimilate into d-1a. and so far it hasn't been too successful. it remains to be seen if wku can hang with some of the schools in their conference, much less the big boys like nebraska. also, to counterpoint some of the posters in this thread:

-WKU is not a small school, not a big school. there are around 21,000 students

-only one guy on there likes colorado.

-western is a basketball school first and foremost. while not on the "big boy" radar, they do have one of the more decorated programs historically. i have seen several historical rankings and wku usually is in the #18-25 area.

-western is already recruiting with the big boys in football. almost getting carnes from nebraska is a big accomplishment. also, they had the highest ranked recruiting class in their conference, albeit filled with 2 and 3 star players. they also have a young, black head coach who played quarterback at the school. this will help in pulling kids out of other areas to come play at wku.

-mammoth cave (and the other caves in the region) are great. bowling green is an awesome town and the surrounding areas are some of the most scenic in the midwest/country.

point of fact though, screw western, most my family went to either morehead or paducah for college.

My mom is a WKU alum, and most of my aunts uncles and cousins on her side went to WKU. I have spent a lot of time there and it is a great school with a great campus. As t-husker said they are a basketball school first and foremost. Plus they went 0-12 their first season in div-1a so give them a break. I love bowling Green and I know they have some great people there. The reason their forums have so few people is because they focus on basketball. I am happy to see Big Red play Big Red and I hope the Huskers come out on top of the Hilltoppers. Ok I dont hope, I know they will, but I hope they (Hilltoppers) can improve in the next few years.

I knew they were a decent basketball school but did not realize all the success they have had.

Hilltopper Basketball past and present. The 8th-winningest program in NCAA history - 1,606 victories - 40 20-win seasons- 34 Postseason Tournament Appearances - 4 Final Fours - 28 All-Americans

Related trivia- Nebraska, in their first ever NCAA tourney appearance, lost to WKU in 1986