BC on '95 'skers

how many titles has tennessee, and fsu won in the past 30 years?  You will probably be good like 9 or 10 wins good but not good enough to win titles.

2 in the past 7 years. TU in 98, FSU 99. Swing and a miss.

Don't forget FSU in 93. Didn't they play in 3 straight NC games? How many years in a row did they finish in the Top 10? So let's see in the last 30 years FSU has won 2 NC and NU has won 2.5 not that big of a difference.

Benards whole agruement about Solich was he won 10 games in 03 now he is saying winning 10 games is a bad thing.

It's called running in circles

news%20link%20running%20in%20circles.gif

The point is under osborne and solich we rarely ever had top 5 classes even top 10 for that matter but we played for the title quite a few times. Its better to have the right mix then have to many 4 and 5 stars that are all about themselves.

I bet callahan couldn't name 5 players off that team.

He doesn't need to name 5 guys. You know why? Because they were a team and a team is 1 unit. That's what Callahan is trying to do with this team. Make them a unit. Anyone who decides otherwise is shown the door like Birkle

I honestly don't think recruiting the guys he is recruiting is going to do this. Locking guys in locker rooms, etc isn't going to do this. You think Beck is going to be 3rd string for long and stick around? The big 4 and 5 stars aren't usually about team they are about making the nfl.

So...what? he shouldn't recruit 4 and 5 :star guys? That's just idiotic.

I didn't say that, I do think you can have to many. Take a look at the texas's they win quite a few games on talent alone but can't be the good good teams because they don't have will to win like a team made up of great talent, walk ons from nebraska, etc. A detroit pistons and san antiono spurs are great examples. They have a few great players, and alot of good role players that have the will to win.

I guess Tenn has too many with 17 then, eh? And OU has too many with 16. FSU has 16 and Cal has 15. These teams are gonna suck I guess, right? Yea, our 13 is way over the mark. :sarcasm

how many titles has tennessee, and fsu won in the past 30 years? You will probably be good like 9 or 10 wins good but not good enough to win titles.

How many titles did we win with Solich's "role players"?

We played for a title under solich and had another 1 loss season besides that. He got the old farts that got to old to recruit and got great new coaches. Whats a guy suppose to do.

how many titles has tennessee, and fsu won in the past 30 years?  You will probably be good like 9 or 10 wins good but not good enough to win titles.

2 in the past 7 years. TU in 98, FSU 99. Swing and a miss.

Don't forget FSU in 93. Didn't they play in 3 straight NC games? How many years in a row did they finish in the Top 10? So let's see in the last 30 years FSU has won 2 NC and NU has won 2.5 not that big of a difference.

Benards whole agruement about Solich was he won 10 games in 03 now he is saying winning 10 games is a bad thing.

It's called running in circles

news%20link%20running%20in%20circles.gif

The point is under osborne and solich we rarely ever had top 5 classes even top 10 for that matter but we played for the title quite a few times. Its better to have the right mix then have to many 4 and 5 stars that are all about themselves.

OK great. So is it a bad thing that this staff needs/wants those 4-5 start guy's for their mix or is there something inherently wrong with players that are ranked higher on these recruiting websites?

We discussed this for what seems a year. It's very tired.

He got the old farts that got to old to recruit and got great new coaches. Whats a guy suppose to do.

Wasn't he just as old as some of the farts he used as scapegoats? Tell me again what "Great" coaches he brought in? Sooner or later Benard you will need to move on. Solich and "Super" Bo are gone. All of the "Great" coaches got top notch jobs after leaving NU and have moved on. You should to.

Start the freakin season already.

OK great. So is it a bad thing that this staff needs/wants those 4-5 start guy's for their mix or is there something inherently wrong with players that are ranked higher on these recruiting websites?

Why would anyone go after the "Best" high school players in the nation anyway? :sarcasm

Little Rucker went to MU because Frank would not go after him.

Actually, billy c commenting on the greatest college team of all time is an insult. He shows just how much he knows and cares about the tradition of NU football when he said "Its just one game, just one season" after he ended NUs bowl streak last year. :steam

Now we know why the recruits like him, he can blow hot air like no other.

If Callahan had any respect for our traditions, last year would have been very different. If nothing else, maybe he would've played to win instead of striving to impress recruits with a passing game that didn't fit our talent at all. I know most of the Husker Nation is drinking the kool-aid, but I say the guy's a snake-oil salesman. We'll be better off when he's back in the NFL.