Huskers and Depth chart

kramer

Ya know, I hate to do this, but I have to side with the former once again.   Post factual correct information and you won't have to deal with someone calling you on it.  Auburn didn't win a title or even a share of a title last year.  What's your problem, bud? :blink:

I wasn't posting factual information, i was posting an opinion. Whether some people agreed with the opinion or not, is another matter all together. Like i mentioned, anyone is free to open up a discussion on the topic in the more sports forum and i will be glad to discuss it. I don't know what more to say on the issue that i have already said twice

When you post a list of coaches and which have won national championships it's a bit of a reach to claim it was "opinion" when some of it is false. If you had posted anything about how it was unjust that they didn't get a share, fine, but you posted a simple list of coaches and national titles and got one of them wrong.

When you post a list of coaches and which have won national championships it's a bit of a reach to claim it was "opinion" when some of it is false. If you had posted anything about how it was unjust that they didn't get a share, fine, but you posted a simple list of coaches and national titles and got one of them wrong.

:yeah

Couldn't have said it better myself, Jake.

Ya know, I hate to do this, but I have to side with the former once again.   Post factual correct information and you won't have to deal with someone calling you on it.  Auburn didn't win a title or even a share of a title last year.  What's your problem, bud? :blink:

I wasn't posting factual information, i was posting an opinion. Whether some people agreed with the opinion or not, is another matter all together. Like i mentioned, anyone is free to open up a discussion on the topic in the more sports forum and i will be glad to discuss it. I don't know what more to say on the issue that i have already said twice

Alright, i guess if people want to derail this thread, then lets get this party started. So had i said Saban did not win a national title also (considering it was a split to some people and to others it was an outright title), then there would be no problem since opinions don't mean anything. Gotcha :blink:

Make sure you mention to LSU fans they didn't win a national title, i am sure they will appriciate it. You might also try going on the Michigan boards and tell them they never won a title also.

Wait in fact, let's just hand over our 1994 title to Penn St considering they were undefeated as well.

See, 2 can play that game if we really wanted to, but what's the point?

Have i reached far enough Jake?

Alright, i guess if people want to derail this thread, then lets get this party started.  So had i said Saban did not win a national title also (considering it was a split to some people and to others it was an outright title), then there would be no problem since opinions don't mean anything. Gotcha  :blink:

Make sure you mention to LSU fans they didn't win a national title, i am sure they will appriciate it. You might also try going on the Michigan boards and tell them they never won a title also.

Wait in fact, let's just hand over our 1994 title to Penn St considering they were undefeated as well.

:wtf

Read what you posted:

No team in the last 10 years (with the exception of a few times) that have had coaching changes has NOT struggled. Here is evidence to back it up

Evidence, referring to factual information.

Auburn-Tommy Tuberville-5-6 (won a national title)

Ok, that's not evidence, it's not true. If it is your opinion, you did a VERY POOR JOB of expressing it.

What is your damage? You were wrong, you just keep digging yourself into a deeper hole. You got called on your bs once again, just admit you were wrong and move on. It wasn't that big of a deal.

:bang

Alright, i guess if people want to derail this thread, then lets get this party started. So had i said Saban did not win a national title also (considering it was a split to some people and to others it was an outright title), then there would be no problem since opinions don't mean anything. Gotcha :blink:

Jesus Christ Nameless, I'm not debating whether they had a split title or not! There are cases of very real split titles, I'm not denying that. But Auburn didn't get one. They should have, h**, they should have played in the title game, but they didn't. They didn't win the title and they didn't get a split decision. It sucks but it's true. I never said opinions mean anything, I said you didn't say it was just a d*** opinion! Lists covering very specific criterea about historical events are very rarely construed as being somebody's opinion on what they thought should have happened! They are very righty construed as being facts, as known by the person who made the list. Now, it's just fine if you were wrong, but this bull needs to stop and you need to stop acting like a d*** child.

Let me say it again just so I'm clear:

Auburn did not force a split title!

Once more with feeling.

Auburn did not force a split title!

Saying that a list claiming they did was an opinion on what you thought should have been is simply ad hoc and completely stupid.

Ok, that's not evidence, it's not true. If it is your opinion, you did a VERY POOR JOB of expressing it.

For the LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE. Are SOME of you that god damn stupid. IT'S BETWEEN PARENTHESIS. SOMETHING between ( ) implies an opinion. Jesus christ, you would think people learned that in GRADE school. DO I need to say "THIS IS AN OPINION" in bold letters just so people can keep up and i have to hold their hand? Give me a f**** break man.

Parentheses ()

Parentheses are occasionally and sparingly used for extra, nonessential material included in a sentence. For example, dates, sources, or ideas that are subordinate or tangential to the rest of the sentence are set apart in parentheses. Parentheses always appear in pairs

English Grammer 101 Purdue University handout

Parentheses may be used to add supplementary information

Source: Wikipedia Online

Yup, i am digging a hole for myself. Thanks for refreshing what i said when you brought in the ( won a national title) part between Parentheses ()

Jesus Christ Nameless, I'm not debating whether they had a split title or not! There are cases of very real split titles, I'm not denying that. But Auburn didn't get one. They should have, h**, they should have played in the title game, but they didn't. They didn't win the title and they didn't get a split decision. It sucks but it's true

I would lay down 100$ because i know for a FACT you would not argue that same point for Penn St in 94 would you. If you did, then i would have to question your......nuff said

ok, nameless, time to step back and cool down...this board is too enjoyable, in most cases, to turn this into a piss fight......up until lately i have enjoyed reading your posts, but NO ONE is bigger than the board, and NO ONE has all the "inside information" and NO ONE is right all the time.......so relax and cool down........

hunter

ok, nameless, time to step back and cool down...this board is too enjoyable, in most cases, to turn this into a piss fight......up until lately i have enjoyed reading your posts, but NO ONE is bigger than the board, and NO ONE has all the "inside information" and NO ONE is right all the time.......so relax and cool down........

hunter

Sorry, i can't sit around and let stupidity overtake the board. If SOME people don't understand the simple concept of a parenthesis that is taught in grade school, they shouldn't be trying to argue a POINTLESS issue. I said it 3 times already and people still want to be idiots about it and question what i was implying. I am only defending myself, plain and simple. You would do the same if you were in my shoes and saw stuodity in a thread

Alright folks. This is something that could have been easily solved by a "oh, this is what I meant by this." But some people just have to drag it into childish name calling. Come on folks, NU fans are better than this.