Which System?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 weeks later...

N64 was great, but PS1 was incredible.

Seriously both consoles rank in the top 10 all time, but PS1 was just...amazing. The only thing that topped it was PS2, which was pretty much perfection.

:yeah

Lets see there was the Playstation one then it went to the PS2 which is still the top selling unit to this date 10 years later with over 140 million units sold worldwide. Now there is the PS3 with the Blu Ray capability and jaw dropping graphics.

It went from the Nitendo to the Super Nitendo to the N64 and then Nitendo dropped off and came back almost 10 years later with the Wii which I think is a joke and a worthless console but thats just me.

Nothing beats the Playstation hands down

Seriously both consoles rank in the top 10 all time, but PS1 was just...amazing. The only thing that topped it was PS2, which was pretty much perfection.

Lets see there was the Playstation one then it went to the PS2 which is still the top selling unit to this date 10 years later with over 140 million units sold worldwide. Now there is the PS3 with the Blu Ray capability and jaw dropping graphics.

It went from the Nitendo to the Super Nitendo to the N64 and then Nitendo dropped off and came back almost 10 years later with the Wii which I think is a joke and a worthless console but thats just me.

PS1 was graphically superior to the N64, but Sony didn't have the same quality of games IMO. Zelda OOT blew my mind when I first played it. chuckleshuffle

Every generation of Playstation has been technologically saavy, there's no denying that.

PS1 was graphically superior to the N64, but Sony didn't have the same quality of games IMO. Zelda OOT blew my mind when I first played it. chuckleshuffle

Every generation of Playstation has been technologically saavy, there's no denying that.

Actually the N64's graphics were significantly better, at least potentially, than PS1, due to it being 64-bit (as opposed to 32-bit for Sony). The capability was there, but due to the cartridges and their limited space a lot of developers stretched out textures which made a lot of games look blurry. However, the textures in a lot of games were significantly smoother than PS1 games, and the resolutions were generally a bit better as well.

Actually the N64's graphics were significantly better, at least potentially, than PS1, due to it being 64-bit (as opposed to 32-bit for Sony). The capability was there, but due to the cartridges and their limited space a lot of developers stretched out textures which made a lot of games look blurry. However, the textures in a lot of games were significantly smoother than PS1 games, and the resolutions were generally a bit better as well.

Key word there was potential. The textures in N64 were a joke. Expansion pack games like Zelda MM did a much better job with them though. Also, the sound was much better on the PS1. The limited cartridge space forced most sounds in N64 games' sounds to be compressed into MIDI files.

The overwhelming majority of sounds on both consoles were MIDI based anyways, but you are right. The N64 is a lot like the PS3 was in it's early years. Technologically speaking it has the greatest potential of any but due to poor development that potential has rarely been reached.

The overwhelming majority of sounds on both consoles were MIDI based anyways, but you are right. The N64 is a lot like the PS3 was in it's early years. Technologically speaking it has the greatest potential of any but due to poor development that potential has rarely been reached.

I just picked up a PS3 Slim not too long ago. It's definitely a slick system. Now I just need to get some games...