***European Soccer Thread***

Torres Saves Liverpool With Goal In 65th Minute; 1-0

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=106382005#pm_cmp=vid_OEV_P_P

It was another crappy performance by Liverpool. Torres still looked rusty, but is improving. West Bromwich went down to 10 men in the 86th minute after James Morrison was ejected for a nasty two-footed challenge on Torres.

Drogba Quits Ivory Coast National Team

The team’s new coach François Zahoui told reporters in Abidjan on Saturday, during his official presentation by the FA, that his recent meeting with the Premier League top scorer in London had ended in Drogba resigning.

Zahoui personally visited Drogba to summon him for the Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Rwanda on Saturday, but the Chelsea’s forward declined the call.

Insiders say Drogba quit not because he is tired, but because of the never-ending criticism he faces as a player on the squad.

Juventus and Milan Agree To Deal For Marco Borriello

According to Italian newspaper II Corriere dello Sport, the 2 Italian giants have reached an agreement, with Borriello initially moving to Juventus on loan with the option to buy at the end of the season. Borriello has been contemplating his future since the arrival of Zlatan Ibrahimovic to the Rossoneri.

Ronaldo Out 3 Weeks With Ankle Injury

Here's the statement from Madrid's official website: "After a physical examination and a magnetic resonance made to Cristiano Ronaldo, Sanitas La Moraleja Hospital confirms a bone contusion on his internal malleolus and `os tibiale` on his right ankle with a posttraumatic edema. The Real Madrid player is not going to be able to play for approximately three weeks."

Ronaldo sustained the injury during Sunday's La Liga opener against Mallorca.

Juventus and Milan Agree To Deal For Marco Borriello

According to Italian newspaper II Corriere dello Sport, the 2 Italian giants have reached an agreement, with Borriello initially moving to Juventus on loan with the option to buy at the end of the season. Borriello has been contemplating his future since the arrival of Zlatan Ibrahimovic to the Rossoneri.

Holy crap its all falling into place! I could be getting my wish! The only way this could get better is if they bought another defender... An attacking force of Pato, Ibra, Robinho, with Ronaldinho and Pirlo feeding them...I'm salivating.

I hope Zambrotta comes back quickly, or they find a deal for a defender, because they will need another one.

And Berlusconi is finally spending money again! Halleujah! Took him two crappy years(by Milan standards) to understand that again!

I was impressed by Milan's performance, Allegri had them playing inspired football.

Juventus Technical Director Giuseppe Marotta Rules Out Move For Marco Borriello

"Marco Borriello? No. Our transfer market finishes here," Marotta told Sky Sports.

But that doesn't mean the Italian will stay at Milan though, as Borriello has revealed that last year's Serie A runners-up Roma are sitting in pole position to sign the former Genoa star.

"Roma are the favourites to sign me. I am waiting for the okay from Unicredit," said Borriello.

Keita Signs 2 Year Extension At Barcelona

The club’s official website confirms that the Mali international, who still had two years running on his current deal, has signed a two-year extension, giving Keita the possibility to continue at the club until the age of 34.

Here is the official statement: "Barca’s Mali midfielder Seydou Keita has extended his contract with the club until 2014, depending on appearances made, with a buyout clause of 100 million euros.

Seydou Keita’s contract was set to finish in 2012, but today’s deal could keep him at the club for a further two years with an extra 10 million also added to his buyout clause. "

Official: AC Milan Sign Robinho

A statement on their official website reads: "AC Milan communicates it has acquired the player Robinho, outright from Manchester City. The Brazilian has signed a contract with the Rossoneri club for four years."

Robinho has successfully undergone a medical and the Rossoneri will reportedly pay in the region of $15 million for his services, although the fee was unannounced at the time of the signing.