***European Soccer Thread***

OFFICIAL: Real Madrid Signs Modric From Tottenham

Real Madrid has completed the signing of Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric for $33.2 million. Modric arrives on a 5 year deal and will wear the number 19, as the number 14 he wore at Spurs is already taken by Xabi Alonso.

"I'm very happy," he told reporters. "It's an honor to be at the biggest club in the world. I want to start training and playing for Real Madrid. I look forward to playing with the team. This is my biggest challenge as a footballer and I am sure that I will accomplish my objectives."

Affelay Moves To Schalke On Season-Long Loan

Netherlands international Ibrahim Afellay has moved to Schalke on a season-long loan from Barcelona. "I feel good and fit. I will train with the team for the first time on Firday afternoon. After that is is up to the coach if I make the squad," Afellay stated. "I have not played much at Barcelona and this season I was told that I was going to have to wait to play. It was agreed with the coach [Vilanova] that a transfer would be the best option."

Nicklas Bendtner Moves To Juventus On Season-Long Loan

A statement on Juventus' official website reads: "Nicklas Bendtner is a Juventus player. Juventus have reached an agreement with Arsenal for the temporary acquisition, with option rights, for the 24-year-old Danish born attacker. The former Gunner has signed a contract until June 30, 2013."

Bojan Moves To AC Milan On Season-Long Loan

A statement on AC Milan's official website reads: "Milan announces that it has acquired the player Bojan Krkic on a temporary basis from AS Roma. With these few words, we confirm the arrival at AC Milan of the Spanish attacker who this morning has taken and passed a medical and tomorrow [Wednesday] he will be available to Massimiliano Allegri. Tomorrow at 13.45 CET there will be his first press conference at the Milanello Sports Centre."