Something to think about

Nexus

It's quite possible that both NU and UT could be undefeated and ranked in the Top 10 (or even Top 5) when 10/16/10 arrives. The last time two Top 10 undefeated teams played in Memorial Stadium was in 2001 when defending National Champs OU (#2) played NU (#3). With that in mind, it's interesting to note that like OU in '01 (Nate Hybl), UT will be bringing a first year QB into Memorial Stadium in '10.

FWIW, ESPN College Game Day Live was in Lincoln in '01 for the OU/NU match-up. The likelihood that they'll be in Lincoln in '10 (assuming both NU & UT are undefeated) is pretty good. Bearing in mind that the rankings will look different by the time 10/16/10 rolls around, the only other big game happening that weekend is:

Ohio St. (ESPN pre-season rank #2) @ Wisconsin (ESPN pre-season rank #11)

It's quite possible that both NU and UT could be undefeated and ranked in the Top 10 (or even Top 5) when 10/16/10 arrives. The last time two Top 10 undefeated teams played in Memorial Stadium was in 2001 when defending National Champs OU (#2) played NU (#3). With that in mind, it's interesting to note that like OU in '01 (Nate Hybl), UT will be bringing a first year QB into Memorial Stadium in '10.

FWIW, ESPN College Game Day Live was in Lincoln in '01 for the OU/NU match-up. The likelihood that they'll be in Lincoln in '10 (assuming both NU & UT are undefeated) is pretty good. Bearing in mind that the rankings will look different by the time 10/16/10 rolls around, the only other big game happening that weekend is:

ESPN has some crush on ol'sweater vest and father urban, I hope they see how big of a game nu-ut is and come to Lincoln.

I'd normally guess that they would watch the Big Ten matchup. However, the ending to the Big XII Championship game will surely change things. I hope to god they don't schedule those two games on top of each other. They are both must-sees for me as a Wisconsin fan and a Nebraska alum.

ESPN has some crush on ol'sweater vest and father urban, I hope they see how big of a game nu-ut is and come to Lincoln.

Well if we assume that all four of those teams are undefeated when 10/16 rolls around, then I see ESPN coming to Lincoln for the obvious reasons. OSU is playing at Wisconsin. Now if it was in Columbus, then that'd be a valid reason to host it at the Horse Shoe instead.

I don't really care if Gameday comes to Lincoln or not. To me, it's one of the most over-hyped and redundant sporting events in football and sports in general.

that is true, because, honestly, no one cares about where there go unless it is their team. and the show itself really is not that good. just an overview of all the stories that have been excruciatingly pored over the entire week.

I don't really care if Gameday comes to Lincoln or not. To me, it's one of the most over-hyped and redundant sporting events in football and sports in general.

that is true, because, honestly, no one cares about where there go unless it is their team. and the show itself really is not that good. just an overview of all the stories that have been excruciatingly pored over the entire week.

Exactly. And then hundreds (sometimes thousands) of fans sit stand around a past-his-prime coach, while they wait for him to put a mascot's head on? No thank you. I like some of the player segments they do and some of the interviews, but their overall analysis is numbing.

Exactly. And then hundreds (sometimes thousands) of fans sit stand around a past-his-prime coach, while they wait for him to put a mascot's head on? No thank you. I like some of the player segments they do and some of the interviews, but their overall analysis is numbing.

the segments and interviews are good, but probably not worth watching the entire show for.