Question on Demoting

Has there ever been a coaching staff movement where someone that was an Offensive Coordinator been demoted and still kept on staff?

I was just wondering because, what if say...Barney Cotton were to call plays again? Say Shawn Watson were to leave. Would we bring someone in to call plays or would it be Cotton, Beck, Gilmore? Thoughts.

Personally I would like to see us pursue Scott Frost as a future Offensive Coordinator.

Cotton is definitely in line for the OC position if Wats ever leaves. He's Associate Head Coach or some such thing.

I can imagine this would make a few people very unhappy.....

Good luck dropping that complaint in Bo's suggestion box. :lol:

Cotton's 1-year stint as OC at NU in '03.

Rushing Offense - 7th

Passing Offense - 114th

Total Offense - 83rd

Scoring Offense -74th

Int. Thrown - 28th (10 int.)

Passing Efficiency - 82nd

Fumbles Lost - 86th (14 fum.)

Turnovers Lost - 57th (24 to)

What about Tim Beck?

Sorry, if people want to criticize Wats' past record, then Cotton's is flat frightening.

I think Beck would be a good candidate. Cotton stats speak for himself, but was Cotton calling the plays back then or was Solich or somebody else. If I remember right Cotton was always down on the field coaching the lineman.

If Watson were to leave, and they promote Beck to OC. Scott Frost would be an EXCELLENT Choice to bring in.

What about Tim Beck?

Sorry, if people want to criticize Wats' past record, then Cotton's is flat frightening.

I think Beck would be a good candidate. Cotton stats speak for himself, but was Cotton calling the plays back then or was Solich or somebody else. If I remember right Cotton was always down on the field coaching the lineman.

If Watson were to leave, and they promote Beck to OC. Scott Frost would be an EXCELLENT Choice to bring in.

This is where it gets tricky because when I had access to Huskers Illustrated for a a few weeks back in Feb. a couple of names were thrown out by a person who is well respected on their forum for having solid info. Anyway the names were PJ Fecko, who is currently the HC at Cardinal Mooney HS. And of course the other name was Jeff Sims from Ft. Scott CC. I'm not even sure what Fecko's specialty is, but Sims's area of expertise is offense.

He brought up those names because someone had asked him a hypothetical regarding if Watson left and/or if Carl left and these were the names that he brought up. He also suggested that Marvin Sanders might even get promoted if Carl were to leave.

Either way, I'm sure Bo has an idea how it'd play out.