ATTN Members & Guests - response to recent issues

Members & Guests,

First I'd like to apologize to any member or guest that was offended by any of the disrespectful comments made by a small contingent of members recently. Please realize that this is not the standard around here, and will not be tolerated. In fact, we have already taken steps - one relatively new member has been banned for the time being - who we gave three chances to come correct.

We love to see strong opinions - both "for" and "against", whatever the subject may be. However, we do have rules regarding the way those opinions are expressed. Above all is no personal attacks. Debate all you want - that's why the board exists. Just don't make it personal.

We recognize that debates can become heated and everyone needs to vent once in a while – so we even set aside a forum for these types of outbursts - within bounds of reason. If you must respond with a negative comment towards another member, take it to the Woodshed forum. You can obtain the password from any moderator.

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.ph...hp?showforum=41

I'm also aware there has been a "house-cleaning" of sorts on another board recently. We have no problem with anyone joining this board, and offer everyone a fresh start. However, you should take notice right now that we have a strict policy for treating every member and opinion with respect, and pride ourselves on having the most entertaining yet civil forums available for Husker discussion. I truly believe that we have some of the best members around, who are for the most part very knowledgeable & respectful - the hallmark of true Husker. Please help contribute to that and continue to build our reputation.

For the new members - in fact, for all members - please take the time to read the Board Rules. You can find them here http://www.huskerboard.com/rules.htm and an example here http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.ph...?showtopic=2390.

In the end we realize that some of this nonsense just comes with the territory of becoming a popular board, and unfortunately is inevitable - b/c there are just some people out there whose primary purpose in life is to bring good things down, and joined this board for the express purpose of raising hell. And to be quite honest I find that pretty sad. Sad b/c it makes all of us look bad, not just the idiot making the comment. B/c believe it or not but there are many people that view the board -- other fans, coaches, media, even recruits - the future of the very program we spend hours deliberating about. So please realize that by intentionally littering the board with garbage statements you are not just tainting a discussion, or even our board - but the State of Nebraska & Husker Nation as a whole. And if you don’t have a vested interest in either of those 2 things, then I have sympathy for your utter lack of alternatives in life, which would compel you to dedicate time to a cause completely unrelated to your existence.

Now I realize the group of negative members is a very small minority, and really don’t even deserve the attention they have received up to this point – but I felt this post was important to reassure the other 99% of you out there that this crap will not continue. I'm also asking for your help to snuff this garbage out. You can do your part to make this board become an even better place for great fan discussion by simply doing the following:

1) If you see a comment that is offensive or you feel violates the Board Rules, please notify the mods by using the "Report Post" button in the upper right corner of EVERY post.

2) Ignore that person. While they may really aggravate you, please realize that your attention is the sole reason they make those comments, and responding only adds fuel to the fire and encourages them. Take the audience away and the jackass will leave - it worked on Gallagher didn't it?

3) Make up for ignorant comments by making an active effort to treat every other member with a high level of respect, regardless of whether or not you agree with their position. That attitude will permeate the board. In the end we are all on the same side, and all bleed Husker red. Just remember the camaraderie you feel on a Husker game-day, whether you're at the stadium or just around town - we're the GOOD guys, remember?

4) Tell your friends about the board. Everyone knows other Husker fans, and the higher number of intelligent & respectful members we can get on board the easier it will be to water the pollution down to a tolerable level.

Again, thank you very much for contributing to what is quickly becoming one of the best Husker resources on the entire InterWeB - just ask Al Gore. ;)

*Feel free to let myself or any mod know if you have any questions or concerns about these comments, our board rules, or anything else in general.

GBR

:cheers

What a putz! I post a reply critical of aspects of this message board, and the guy DELETES it!

30,000 posts by one guy, and a few very brief statements by others. This board is going NOWHERE.

Is this the reply that got moved to Board Feedback? 'Cus I know there's one from you there that's just a bit vitriolic.