WCO FOUR back set? YES!

Aaron5

How about we talk about what the thread is about?

You can't have a 4-back set in football. You have to have 7 men on the line of scrimage. You've got 5 linemen, and either 2 TEs or a TE and a WR or 2 WRs. That leaves only 4 players in the backfield including the quarterback. Aside from the impossiblility of a 4-back set, I really doubt Coach C will even use any 3-back sets. The original WCO was made to work out of only single-back sets and the modern versions, though they aren't only singlebacks anymore, don't usualy use more than 2.

Look at some 3-back sets:

TE T G C G T TE

_____QB

_HB_____HB

_____FB

TE T G C G T TE

_____QB

_____FB

_____HB

_____HB

The defense is basically forced into putting 8-9 guys in the box, simply because all of your players are there, and is pretty ineffective in any offense other than a power-option.

Thank you. I appears that you "get it."

Good luck with that. While you are running in circles with your "4 back set" We will be running down your throats with Hicks and our wr juking your poor defense with a TD throw from Meyer. One of those boys will be finalest in the Hiesman.

Good luck with that.  While you are running in circles with your "4 back set"  We will be running down your throats with Hicks and our wr juking your poor defense with a TD throw from Meyer.  One of those boys will be finalest in the Hiesman.

I knew you were a f****g flamer.

[Edited by Admin]

You can't have a 4-back set in football. You have to have 7 men on the line of scrimage. You've got 5 linemen, and either 2 TEs or a TE and a WR or 2 WRs. That leaves only 4 players in the backfield including the quarterback. Aside from the impossiblility of a 4-back set, I really doubt Coach C will even use any 3-back sets. The original WCO was made to work out of only single-back sets and the modern versions, though they aren't only singlebacks anymore, don't usualy use more than 2.

TE T G C G T TE

_____QB

_HB_____HB

_____FB

TE T G C G T TE

_____QB

_____FB

_____HB

_____HB

The defense is basically forced into putting 8-9 guys in the box, simply because all of your players are there, and is pretty ineffective in any offense other than a power-option.

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, but isn't the quarterback considered a "back?"

Hell, I'd consider the Wishbone a 4 back set!

I think it's unlikely in the WCO, but hell, with Glenn playing H-Back, I don't see how a 4 back set is unrealistic.

Good luck with that.  While you are running in circles with your "4 back set"  We will be running down your throats with Hicks and our wr juking your poor defense with a TD throw from Meyer.  One of those boys will be finalest in the Hiesman.

Please watch the f-bombs Lex.

If ur talking about 4 rb's in the backfield, it can't happen, gotta have 7 on the los. If your just talking about using all 4 backs at the same time, it is possible. Lucky out at wr and glenn at an Hback. Not very likely though, I think we have better personell to fill the wr and hback/te roles than to be plugging rb's in different positions.

You can't have a 4-back set in football.  You have to have 7 men on the line of scrimage.  You've got 5 linemen, and either 2 TEs or a TE and a WR or 2 WRs.  That leaves only 4 players in the backfield including the quarterback.  Aside from the impossiblility of a 4-back set, I really doubt Coach C will even use any 3-back sets.  The original WCO was made to work out of only single-back sets and the modern versions, though they aren't only singlebacks anymore, don't usualy use more than 2.

TE T G C G T TE

_____QB

_HB_____HB

_____FB

TE T G C G T TE

_____QB

_____FB

_____HB

_____HB

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, but isn't the quarterback considered a "back?"

Hell, I'd consider the Wishbone a 4 back set!

I think it's unlikely in the WCO, but hell, with Glenn playing H-Back, I don't see how a 4 back set is unrealistic.

When you're talking about single-, 2- and 3-back sets, no the quarterback is not considered a back. Because you are always going to have a quarterback and you don't need to explicitly say that. Like I and Denver said, 4s are an illegal formation and I really, REALLY doubt you'll see 3-back sets.

Btw, the wishbone is a 3-back set.

I think Glenn is more of the prototypcial "H-back" in this offense.

Line him up at TE, have Ross and BJax as split backs in the Pro Set with Lucky in the slot...all four backs on the field. Put Leon in at WR and you've got five backs on the field.

There is no slot reciever in pro set if you have a TE.

Sorry, I editied that thing like three times trying to make the numbers work out. Lucky and Leon could be wideouts, with everything else the same.

Alrighty, but given the switch of Leon from RB to Safety, I doubt they'll play him at all at wideout. I think that's asking a little much of the kid.

Please watch the f-bombs Lex.

There will be no cursing in this forum. Take it to the Woodshed