Graduation Gifts?

I need ideas.

My only nephew that had planned to walk on at UNL is graduating from Arizona State next week.

He's moving a couple of days after the ceremony to take an Engineering job in South Carolina.

It was easy when his Dad graduated UNL-All I had to get him was Gas money for his move out here, but this kid just bought a new Camaro and already makes more $ than me..

Anyone?

Killer?

Where in SC?

Not positive, but I think, Columbia.

Ha! That's where I am!

Good thing about Columbia is it's 2 hours from the beach one way, 2 hours from the mountains the other. If he's an outdoors type, I'd look at getting something for him that he could use at either of these places. Columbia, IMO, doesn't offer the best outdoors type fun, but there is plenty of stuff within a day trip.

Or you could get him a deep fryer for all of that Gamecock he's going to run into...

I need ideas.

My only nephew that had planned to walk on at UNL is graduating from Arizona State next week.

He's moving a couple of days after the ceremony to take an Engineering job in South Carolina.

It was easy when his Dad graduated UNL-All I had to get him was Gas money for his move out here, but this kid just bought a new Camaro and already makes more $ than me..

Anyone?

Killer?

Is he paying for his move to SC?

Get him something to help set him up in his "new life." I don't know what kind of money you're looking at spending, but there are some practical (if a little boring) gifts that you could get him, like a refrigerator, microwave, table/chairs, chair/couch... something that he can use to get himself started. It may not be flashy but it's practical.

Is he paying for his move to SC?

Pretty sure the new employer is.

Ha! That's where I am!

Good thing about Columbia is it's 2 hours from the beach one way, 2 hours from the mountains the other. If he's an outdoors type, I'd look at getting something for him that he could use at either of these places. Columbia, IMO, doesn't offer the best outdoors type fun, but there is plenty of stuff within a day trip.

Or you could get him a deep fryer for all of that Gamecock he's going to run into...

He's already an avid Mtn.Biker/Camper/Snowboarder/audiophile, so I doubt there's much he doesn't already have..Space for everything?

I like the fryer idea..Maybe painted up with Husker/Clemson/Sun Devil stickers...His parents always tell him he got his strange/dry sense of humor from me.

My Boss (a rival Engineering major..(Chem-E)) suggested the prefect gift for an E.E. would be one of those kit radios you put together in minutes from Radio Shack..

Get him something to help set him up in his "new life." I don't know what kind of money you're looking at spending, but there are some practical (if a little boring) gifts that you could get him, like a refrigerator, microwave, table/chairs, chair/couch... something that he can use to get himself started. It may not be flashy but it's practical.

Not a bad idea..Except in this case, he's been living with his GF for over two years and they're probably already trying to jettison stuff off.

She'll probably finish off her Kinesiology? degree at USC in another semester or two, so Not sure how much Gamecock abuse will be permitted.

Maybe a book on Nickola Tesla.. with my failed request for my Brother (his Dad) to invent an automatic radio station "turner" for me when I get tired of hearing the same genera for any length of time or just to skip commercials.

Or a personalized cigar box guitar that I can make with my Son?

I should've started this sooner :facepalm: