Big Ten Network original intent

Was it the original intent of the Big10 and the BTN to ultimately reach 16 teams and the formation of super conferences and to get the ball rolling for college football playoffs? Or was it just a money grab that happened to work and we are now seeing the unintentional consequences of that gamble?

I have been pondering this question and am looking for some theories.

Or was it just a money grab that happened to work and we are now seeing the unintentional consequences of that gamble?

^This...Oh and get ready for your cable bill to go up.

I am already in the BTN footprint, so I dont expect mine to go up.

Or was it just a money grab that happened to work and we are now seeing the unintentional consequences of that gamble?

^This...Oh and get ready for your cable bill to go up.

I am already in the BTN footprint, so I dont expect mine to go up.

when i heard of the big ten network, i thought it was a joke. i refused to watch because i thought it would be poor quality and it was boring big ten, if it was worth watching it would be on a major network. i thought it was a third rate channel just so minnesota or purdue could be on television every once in awhile. i thought it was like a college ran/low production network. apparently i was completely wrong (i didn't realize it was owned by the big ten, i thought it was just an independent channel covering the big ten) and it is just big business, my stigmas on it were unfounded and this network is going to change the face of college football. i also thought that it didn't matter because we have fox sports net, again, not the same and big ten network along with the big ten new what they were doing.