Big 10 Network

Ok so im a poor bastard i dont have anything but basic cable. So i was checking out the big 10 network and it streams all its games online. And you can buy them for 3.00 bucks a pop. So that means that instead of just listening to games because there not on tv or paying for stupid bad ppv. You can watch them stream online for 3 bucks. Not bad, this is going to be a great thing.

Not entirely true. It streams games that don't make the network for 3.00 a pop. It does not stream the good football games. I've tried before. Now, if you live outside of the U.S. you CAN subscribe to Big Ten Ticket and get the full BTN. Have to read the fine print on the regular Streaming:

"Your school. Your teams. MORE events. We're streaming 200+ events in 2009-10 in addition to the hundreds of events we televise."

In ADDITION to the games on the television. Basically they make so much bank they just bankroll a bunch of cameras and put them at all their events so they can make a little scratch off their low-income sports. I was pretty pissed because I wanted to watch a specific good game when I learned this.

http://www.bigtenticket.com/about

Well, I hate to bust your bubble, but if all this goes through, you can just about expect that there will be changes in the way that the Big 10 has done things. It will become more about making money for it's members...so I can see them either pushing the idea of a ppv system with a few free games on television, or see them jacking up the prices on their internet streams. I can also see them going to the local cable companies and jacking the cost to carry the games live. In the end, we are going to pay, but for me it is worth it. I am all over the United States on football Saturdays, if I could get the games on the laptop, I would be absolutely thrilled to death, as long as the cost was reasonable. But when they go PPV, I think they look at it like we all get together and everyone pitches in a few bucks at a party, so they feel they can keep the price up ($30-50 range sometimes), which I will not pay. I can read about it on the Huskerboard or listen to it on Sirius. Hopefully it won't screw up our deal with Sirius Radio, but that may be something that will have to be renegotiated too, since that was a Big XII deal that was made. The Big 10 does have their deal with either Sirius or XM, not sure which, hopefully it is Sirius. Even with the Best of XM, you don't get all the games that XM carries.

It seems like lately the push for PPV is becoming greater...which in my opinion does nothing but lose fans, especially the younger ones.

Ok so im a poor bastard i dont have anything but basic cable. So i was checking out the big 10 network and it streams all its games online. And you can buy them for 3.00 bucks a pop. So that means that instead of just listening to games because there not on tv or paying for stupid bad ppv. You can watch them stream online for 3 bucks. Not bad, this is going to be a great thing.

What type of basic cable are you talking about?

http://www.bigtennetwork.com/corporate/Networkbelongsonbasiccable.asp

The Big 10 Network will try and have the channel on the basic lineup in the Big 10 region. See the Time Warner Cable holdout in Ohio and other states.

http://www.bigtennet...nbasiccable.asp

The Big 10 Network will try and have the channel on the basic lineup in the Big 10 region. See the Time Warner Cable holdout in Ohio and other states.

Thanks for this and welcome to HuskerBoard, Jaws! :thumbs

http://www.bigtennetwork.com/corporate/Networkbelongsonbasiccable.asp

I have basic cable only 12 channels. Expanded basic has the big10 network around here. And its 60 bucks per month.