Iowa fans, arrogant as ever

In their footbal preview they feel the need to take shots at Nebraska?? because they are such a storied program themselves, right? 1 year of national relevance certainly means that you're on par with the Florida's and USC's of the world, doesn't it.. we'll to hawkeye fans anyway...

http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2010/5/24/1483920/better-know-an-iowa-football

ISU seems to ahve put them in their place on this one. Finally, something Husker and cyclone fans can agree on; hawkeye fans are d-bags

http://widerightandnattylight.wordpress.com/2010/05/25/know-your-enemy-part-2-university-of-iowa/

In their footbal preview they feel the need to take shots at Nebraska?? because they are such a storied program themselves, right? 1 year of national relevance certainly means that you're on par with the Florida's and USC's of the world, doesn't it.. we'll to hawkeye fans anyway...

http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2010/5/24/1483920/better-know-an-iowa-football

ISU seems to ahve put them in their place on this one. Finally, something Husker and cyclone fans can agree on; hawkeye fans are d-bags

http://widerightandnattylight.wordpress.com/2010/05/25/know-your-enemy-part-2-university-of-iowa/

You realize that:

1. That article is written by an idiot, who is writing half of it for the sole purpose of getting a reaction out of it (much like yours)?

2. You are over-exaggerating to make a point? Since 2002 they have finished the season ranked in the top 10 four times (50%), and once in the top 20 as well. They aren't Florida, or USC, but then again not a lot of Iowa fans I know are actually claiming that they are one of the top five elite programs in the country?

You realize that:

1. That article is written by an idiot, who is writing half of it for the sole purpose of getting a reaction out of it (much like yours)?

2. You are over-exaggerating to make a point? Since 2002 they have finished the season ranked in the top 10 four times (50%), and once in the top 20 as well. They aren't Florida, or USC, but then again not a lot of Iowa fans I know are actually claiming that they are one of the top five elite programs in the country?

Ummmmm yeah... after reading your post Landlord, coming from a Husker fan living in Des Moines, it becomes apparant either:

1. You simply do not know any hawkeye fans; or

2. You seem to have found a lost colony of humble hawkeyes who still remember the '00 and '01 beatdowns they recieved ( this lost colony would not be accepted by most hawkeyes, as the hawkeye base does truly seem to believe they are; and have always been consistantly and forever a top five storied program, with a legacy that so greatly trumps the Huskers that not only is it not a competition, but to even breath the Hawkeyes and the Huskers in the same sentence is sheer blasphemy and does, in fact, send them into a drooling, foaming at the mouth, rabid rage.)

After my extensive travels in the state of Iowa, and tenure of enduring 7 consecutive football seasons along side them, I believe option number 1 to be the only possible way your statement about "they hawkeye fans you know" can be true.

You realize that:

Ummmmm yeah... after reading your post Landlord, coming from a Husker fan living in Des Moines, it becomes apparant either:

1. You simply do not know any hawkeye fans; or

2. You seem to have found a lost colony of humble hawkeyes who still remember the '00 and '01 beatdowns they recieved ( this lost colony would not be accepted by most hawkeyes, as the hawkeye base does truly seem to believe they are; and have always been consistantly and forever a top five storied program, with a legacy that so greatly trumps the Huskers that not only is it not a competition, but to even breath the Hawkeyes and the Huskers in the same sentence is sheer blasphemy and does, in fact, send them into a drooling, foaming at the mouth, rabid rage.)

After my extensive travels in the state of Iowa, and tenure of enduring 7 consecutive football seasons along side them, I believe option number 1 to be the only possible way your statement about "they hawkeye fans you know" can be true.

or...

3. the landlord knows what he's talkng about and you don't. :dunno

I too live in iowa and find that most hawk fans after cheering for a loser for decades, revel in the good times, but realize that success can be cyclic and what goes around comes around. hell they can't even take a victory over isu for granted... or northwestern...

I've worked in neb for 35 years... there AT LEAST as many delusional huskers around as iowa fans.

but so what?

that's why they call them a fan(atics) :horns2

or...

3. the landlord knows what he's talkng about and you don't. :dunno

I too live in iowa and find that most hawk fans after cheering for a loser for decades, revel in the good times, but realize that success can be cyclic and what goes around comes around. hell they can't even take a victory over isu for granted... or northwestern...

I've worked in neb for 35 years... there AT LEAST as many delusional huskers around as iowa fans.

but so what?

that's why they call them a fan(atics) :horns2

So true it hurts (about the NW thing).

reply to tyvodka: So Nebraska fans shouldn't be talking like they are going to win the Big 12 this year and possibly the NC because they won their bowl game? You really should tell everyone I work with that then. Or do the same standards not apply to Nebraska fans that they can be happy coming off a good season and have sky high expectations? Also I don't know of any Hawk fans who think we are a top 5 storied program. Hell one of our top writers has us predicted to get upset at Michigan this year and most of us are expecting something like 10-2 and a BCS at large bid. Yes we are hopeful that we end up getting some lucky breaks and having a shot to play for the MNC but we know that 10-2 and a BCS at large bid is more realistic. Might the problem be that they get sick of you talking up a team that hasn't done any better than Iowa over the past decade and talking down at them and so they dish it back at you a little bit harder than they might actually believe? Yes it is unfortunate that Iowa and Nebraska played during the two worst seasons of Iowa football in the past 30 years - but that is how it went down. I for one am hoping that we get a yearly shot at Nebraska in the near future to just settle it on the field and if that means I end up owing all of my co-workers lunch on a yearly basis so be it, but at least we can be done with the sideways comparisons of meaningless end of year rankings and common opponents.