Whiskey Opinions

I'm doing a quick survey among different people I know to see if myself and other managers should accept a bid from a whiskey producer for a market research project or refer it to another office (I work in market research). I work in New York, so I want to see if you Nebraskans would have different tastes/opinions than New Yorkers. Please help me by answering the following questions:

Age range: 21-30/31-40/41-50/50+

Without tax, how much do you typically spend on a 1-Litre bottle of whiskey?

<$10

$10-$18

$19-$28

$29-$45

$46+

On how many occasions do you purchase whiskey in a month (any volume, including at bars/restaurants)?

Never

Less than once a month (infrequently)

Once

2-5 Times

6-10 Times

10+ Times

How much do you agree or disagree with the following statements, on a scale of 1-5, where 1 means strongly disagree, 3 is neutral, and 5 is strongly agree?

1. I prefer to drink whiskey clean or with a tap of water and/or ice than to combine it with other beverages, mixers, etc.

2. I prefer to drink whiskey that is produced in the USA (with the exception of Scotch).

3. I have a strong preference for specific varieties of whiskey (i.e., Bourbon, Scotch, Tennessee Whiskey, etc)

4. I prefer whiskey over other kinds of hard liquor.

5. I associate whiskey with success or class.

6. I associate whiskey with family or tradition.

7. What I choose to drink is heavily influenced by what my friends and family members drink.

8. I am able to detect the differences between high and low quality liquors easily.

Do you have a strong preference for a particular brand of whiskey? If so, what it is?

The last question is an articulation question. I would like to know what kinds of qualities you look for when selecting a particular brand of whiskey (not necessarily what makes the best whiskey, but what you like in whiskey).

Thanks in advance, guys! You would be doing me a humongous favor. Also, an interesting discussion could come of this. :)

Age range: 21-30

$19-$28

On how many occasions do you purchase whiskey in a month (any volume, including at bars/restaurants)?

2-5 Times

How much do you agree or disagree with the following statements, on a scale of 1-5, where 1 means strongly disagree, 3 is neutral, and 5 is strongly agree?

1. I prefer to drink whiskey clean or with a tap of water and/or ice than to combine it with other beverages, mixers, etc. 2

2. I prefer to drink whiskey that is produced in the USA (with the exception of Scotch). 3

3. I have a strong preference for specific varieties of whiskey (i.e., Bourbon, Scotch, Tennessee Whiskey, etc) 3

4. I prefer whiskey over other kinds of hard liquor. 5

5. I associate whiskey with success or class. 1

6. I associate whiskey with family or tradition. 4

7. What I choose to drink is heavily influenced by what my friends and family members drink. 2

8. I am able to detect the differences between high and low quality liquors easily. 4

Do you have a strong preference for a particular brand of whiskey? If so, what it is?

I generally look at the following qualities depending on how I will be drinking the whiskey...

Darkness/Lightness

Smell

Taste (I don't like the wooden taste that some whiskey's provide)

Weak/Strong (I purchase weaker whiskey when I will be drinking it strait, and stronger when I will be having mixed drinks.)

I have 2 particular brands that I prefer as well: Jack Daniels and 40 Creek

The last question is an articulation question. I would like to know what kinds of qualities you look for when selecting a particular brand of whiskey (not necessarily what makes the best whiskey, but what you like in whiskey).

Age range: 21-30/31-40/41-50/50+

$29-$45

10+ Times

1. I prefer to drink whiskey clean or with a tap of water and/or ice than to combine it with other beverages, mixers, etc.

2. I prefer to drink whiskey that is produced in the USA (with the exception of Scotch).

3. I have a strong preference for specific varieties of whiskey (i.e., Bourbon, Scotch, Tennessee Whiskey, etc)

7. What I choose to drink is heavily influenced by what my friends and family members drink.

8. I am able to detect the differences between high and low quality liquors easily.

I am very open when it comes to whiskey and will usually try most kinds. I'm a big scotch guy so I stay in that variety the most. I buy a lot of Famous Grouse to keep around the house.

Like I mentioned above, I am a scotch guy mostly. I love learning about the differences between the highlands and lowlands, peat levels, and age.

Age range: 50+

$10-$18

2-5 Times

Evan Williams

Cost, smokey flavor

Age range: 50+

$29-$45

2-5 Times

1. I prefer to drink whiskey clean or with a tap of water and/or ice than to combine it with other beverages, mixers, etc. 2

2. I prefer to drink whiskey that is produced in the USA (with the exception of Scotch). 5

3. I have a strong preference for specific varieties of whiskey (i.e., Bourbon, Scotch, Tennessee Whiskey, etc) 5

4. I prefer whiskey over other kinds of hard liquor. 5

5. I associate whiskey with success or class. 2

6. I associate whiskey with family or tradition. 1

7. What I choose to drink is heavily influenced by what my friends and family members drink. 1

8. I am able to detect the differences between high and low quality liquors easily. 4

Do you have a strong preference for a particular brand of whiskey? If so, what it is? Fighting C0ck or Knob Creek bourban

The last question is an articulation question. I would like to know what kinds of qualities you look for when selecting a particular brand of whiskey (not necessarily what makes the best whiskey, but what you like in whiskey). Taste

T_O_B

post-4393-127566698681.jpg