Chip Brown's Recent Tweets

Am I the only one who thinks Chip Brown appears to be just letting UT officials write his stuff these days? His reporting over the last few days has proved pretty accurate, but his tweets tonight make it seem like he's some random drunk Texas fan. Here are some examples over the last few hours (from newest to oldest).

# Chip Brown ChipBrownOB

Texas is seen is as the bully of the Big 12. But UT would also be a big reason all B12 schools would get top dollar for TV deal in 2011. 40 minutes ago

Is Nebraska better off in B10 or B12? Battle Ohio St., Penn St., Iowa, Mich., etc. Or dominate B12 North and play for a title every year? about 1 hour ago

My AD source with knowledge of the B10 says Notre Dame is listening bec it doesn't want to be left out of 4 16-team super conferences. about 2 hours ago

Media has probably let Tom Osborne's view of Texas infect the perception of the relationship between UT and Nebraska. It's good at top. about 2 hours ago

Losing Nebraska's administration as a trusted ally is a big reason Texas is sweating NU's possible departure from the Big 12. about 2 hours ago

UT probably trusts Nebraska's administration (at the chancellor level) more than anyone else in the Big 12 North. about 2 hours ago

Forget Tom Osborne's disgrunted view of Texas. UT officials trust NU chancellor Harvey Perlman implicitly. about 2 hours ago

By the way, Texas officials want it clear their relationship with NU's administration is among the best in the Big 12. about 2 hours

Love how some from Nebraska are trying to couch it that Texas was being disloyal. Texas was preparing in case Neb and Mizzou bolted. about 2 hours ago

Pac-10 commish Larry Scott and COO Kevin Weiberg visited Texas 2 wks ago to discuss fallback in case Neb and Mizzou bolted for the Big Ten. about 2 hours ago

So here's the situation according to Chip: Texas is completely innocent and all of the communication they have had with the Big 10 ("Tech problem") and Pac-10 (hosting Pac-10 reps on their campus) has been simply to cover their butts in case Nebraska and Mizzou screws them. Perlman and Texas officials love each other and couldn't be happier in the Big 12. But the grumpy old man Osborne is trying to convince Harvey to screw everyone in the Big 12 and bolt for the Big 10. Oh, and the entire state of Nebraska is paranoid for no reason at all. Is that all, Chip?

I expect him to be a homer. What puts me off though, is his revisionist history of the Big XII, especially when he is getting a huge increase of traffic due to the expansion talk.

I'll say it again, Texas's PR department is clobbering Nebraska's PR department.

i dont see their pr dept, chip brown and bebee, clobbering us. to me they seem like the kid who controlled the game, then somebody stood up to them, and they took their ball and went home to mommie because the other kids were not playing fair.

texas has been making all the white noise while nebraska has been quiet, like they siad they would be...we have nothing to say until the big 10 makes some kind of anouncement.

I expect him to be a homer. What puts me off though, is his revisionist history of the Big XII, especially when he is getting a huge increase of traffic due to the expansion talk.

I'll say it again, Texas's PR department is clobbering Nebraska's PR department.

i dont see their pr dept, chip brown and bebee, clobbering us. to me they seem like the kid who controlled the game, then somebody stood up to them, and they took their ball and went home to mommie because the other kids were not playing fair.

texas has been making all the white noise while nebraska has been quiet, like they siad they would be...we have nothing to say until the big 10 makes some kind of anouncement.

Agree, I think Nebraska taking the high road by saying nothing until it needs to be said. Meanwhile, Texas is shooting their shotguns off, making all the noise, when their is no noise to be heard.

Our "PR department" could leak info to Sean Callahan. have him post disparaging remarks about Texas and their administration on twitter. make veiled threats through our regents.

or--

**Not the Victory but the Action....In the Deed the Glory**

This isn't a football game and maybe that creed a bit sentimental but I would be embarassed if Nebraska was acting like Texas has been in all this.

Or Missouri for that matter, at least initially. Don't forget how the media flood gates opened in this whole thing: someone ran their mouths to the KC Star.

Most people know how Texas works. They know their reputation for sometimes being arrogant bullie$. and most people plainly see how this "we're just an innocent bystander" BS just doesn't jive.