Latest Buzz at HI

Nebraska athletic Tom Osborne is speaking tonight on his monthly show on the Husker Sports Network.He was asked a few questions by Lane Grindle about conference realignment to lead off the show.

"Well, I suppose there's quite a bit I could speculate on," Osborne said. "But as you and I talked about before the show came on, there's a lot of information that we really don't have right now. And hopefully we'll get things put together in the next few days. So anything I would say regarding Nebraska's position or other schools in the Big 12 would be pure speculation at this point. And I don't think that's very helpful. So as much as I know fans don't like it, I think we need to put certain things off limits ... but I think before too long, and I don't know exactly what that time frame is, we'll be able to put this thing to bed because I'm getting tired of it, you're probably getting tired of it, the fans are getting tired of it."

What are Osborne's thoughts on the way this has been covered by the modern "media?"

"Well, I think the earliest event was the announcement or the speculation out of Kansas City, which was pure speculation, but it was taken as being factual by lots of people," said Osborne, seemingly in reference to a May story by a Kansas City radio station that Nebraska, Missouri and Rutgers had received offers from the Big Ten. "And it began to take on a life of its own. So what has happened more recently in the media, if something is reported, then many times people will cite that as a reference and say, 'Well, it was reported.' And pretty soon maybe you have something built on a house of cards. Their may not be a lot of fact underneath it all and it begins to take on a life of its own. But having said that, I think the media's been good and in most cases, they've tried to check their facts. And even though sometimes they gues

LINK