Big 10 Move

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Welcome to the Big10! I personally would like to see us add ND and 1 other school for an even 14. Im not completely sold on all the rumored schools (Mizzou, Rutgers, Syracuse) What is the general consensus amongst Nebraska fans in regards to who else is added? Or will you be happy with being the only school added? Just curious. I look forward to seeing you guys in Columbus.

P.S. Texas sucks

The way I see it, Mizzou is at ND's mercy. If ND ends up accepting then MU will get an invite. ND should do it this time around. If CFB is headed to the super conference format then ND will be on the outside looking in if they remained Independant.

One thing that the conference make overs can erase is that we have great relationships with many, many HS coaches in Texas. That can not be taken away.

One thing that the conference make overs can erase is that we have great relationships with many, many HS coaches in Texas. That can not be taken away.

I'm not quite as confident as you in regards to all these relationships. I've been great friends with both husband and wife prior to a divorce. Seen firsthand business partnerships dissolve over decisions that had no direct impact on either party. There's a side to everything...and it's human nature to pick one.

First and foremost those HS coaches are Texans. Regardless of the "relationships" a number of them are Texas, Tech, Baylor, or A&M fans. I personally will not underestimate the initial negative knee jerk reaction that will be had towards Nebraska's decision to leave. A lot of the blame for this breakup will fall at the feet of NU. We've been the outspoken critic of the seriously flawed Big12 for some time. Not in all cases, but in many there will be a statewide bitterness towards us...similar to the perception many Nebraskans have of Texas. The relationships will still be there, but I imagine some will be strained.

(assuming you meant "can't" erase)

I'm not quite as confident as you in regards to all these relationships. I've been great friends with both husband and wife prior to a divorce. Seen firsthand business partnerships dissolve over decisions that had no direct impact on either party. There's a side to everything...and it's human nature to pick one.

First and foremost those HS coaches are Texans. Regardless of the "relationships" a number of them are Texas, Tech, Baylor, or A&M fans. I personally will not underestimate the initial negative knee jerk reaction that will be had towards Nebraska's decision to leave. A lot of the blame for this breakup will fall at the feet of NU. We've been the outspoken critic of the seriously flawed Big12 for some time. Not in all cases, but in many there will be a statewide bitterness towards us...similar to the perception many Nebraskans have of Texas. The relationships will still be there, but I imagine some will be strained.

(assuming you meant "can't" erase)

Sure people will take sides. The HS coaches should take the "what is best for my player" stance.