Big 10 Move

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The relationship with coaches is going to outway that we no longer play games in Texas.

Good point :thumbs , I also suspect having an offense that runs the ball, having one of the best oline classes in the country right now, and using a fullback (Aaron has said he loves that) will keep him interested in Nebraska for awhile.

The relationship with coaches is going to outway that we no longer play games in Texas.

Good point :thumbs , I also suspect having an offense that runs the ball, having one of the best oline classes in the country right now, and using a fullback (Aaron has said he loves that) will keep him interested in Nebraska for awhile.

well with us bailing its not their family is gonna see them as much as they used to when the texas schools find themselves on playing heavily on the west coast.....

nebraska is going to the big 10...if they were not, it would have been anounced by now...i would bet my paycheck on it...i want to see nu go to the pac 10,,but will not happen...darn....

unless some big 12 schools from texas are added to big 10, which i doubt,,,and yes,,it will influence texas recruiting...nu will be have new recruiting grounds,,,,bank on it.

but texas will not be totally lost,,all those recruits cannot just go to texas schools..too many....it will have some effect on recruiting...but its looking like nu is starting to get kids from all over the nation in 2011 class.

What do you think?

Once they add ND, recruits will flock to this conference. Playing games at the Big House, The Shoe, Happy Valley, Memorial Stadium, The Golden Dome-TD Jesus, Camp Randall, will be epic. Once this takes shape it will be the best conference in the nation and the top teams will be able to recruit nationally. The BTN will give exposure to kids and most of the key Big 10 games will be on their network and they should be available nationwide. I live in So Cal and I have the BTN on Directv.

That is my opinion.

Welcome to the Big10! I personally would like to see us add ND and 1 other school for an even 14. Im not completely sold on all the rumored schools (Mizzou, Rutgers, Syracuse) What is the general consensus amongst Nebraska fans in regards to who else is added? Or will you be happy with being the only school added? Just curious. I look forward to seeing you guys in Columbus.

P.S. Texas sucks

Welcome to the Big10! I personally would like to see us add ND and 1 other school for an even 14. Im not completely sold on all the rumored schools (Mizzou, Rutgers, Syracuse) What is the general consensus amongst Nebraska fans in regards to who else is added? Or will you be happy with being the only school added? Just curious. I look forward to seeing you guys in Columbus.

P.S. Texas sucks

Welcome to HuskerBoard!

Enjoy your stay. thumbsup.gif

P.S. Texas sucks

IMO - I'd laugh if Missouri got left out. They've been begging at Delany's feet for months now...should have played a little harder to get, no one ends up satisfied with the easy lay.

I would be extremely happy if we ended up being the only addition. I say that because I think it could stop any major shift in college football. BYU/Air Force can come in and take our place in the north, or add in a southern team and ship Oklahoma or Oklahoma St. to the north. (though both probably have to follow each other). Otherwise, I'd love to see ND added like you. The rest? Not so much. Maybe the $$ they'd bring in would be nice, and a few more bottom dwellers to beat up on isn't a bad thing w/ such a strong conference. But, as a Husker fan I'll humbly take my place in the conference and whatever choices the conference makes will be for the better. :koolaid2:

As for the thread, since this is recruiting - I'm with you on Turner/Green. We've been after Green for what, 24-36 months? Don't see this move affecting him. Same for Turner. Someone that's on the fence, and maybe a little worried about the turmoil this move might cause - worried that there will be a year or two of adjustment might back off...but for the most part our class should stay intact, and our prospects won't change much. It's not as though there aren't just as many (maybe more now) question marks surrounding Oklahoma, Texas, Tech, A&M, and all the other Big12. Think about K-State, KU recruits and what they are thinking right now...hello Mountain West!

I think it will cause alot of recruiting shakeups.. But not these two and maybe not in the way people are thiking. If we go to the big 10, and I think we will, the TV coverage will be much bigger and that may play a part in decisions as well. Who knows, but it will be exciting to watch.

And I agree a complete realignment would be a bad deal imo. And the big looser in the big 12 would be Texas.. goodbye to the fist hold on control and the $ hording. Greed has been the downfall of many.