When We Move to the Big Ten...

Dude, he punched a kid for intercepting a pass. Doesn't get much more ridiculous than that.

And because of one incident you want to discredit all the positive things he did for his players? Pretty unreasonable.

Furthermore, it's not as though he wasn't unrepentant.

Anyway... if that's the way you feel you need to portray him as a whole; then that's your prerogative. But I'll say it's an ignorant approach.

Dude, he punched a kid for intercepting a pass. Doesn't get much more ridiculous than that.

And because of one incident you want to discredit all the positive things he did for his players? Pretty unreasonable.

Furthermore, it's not as though he wasn't unrepentant.

Anyway... if that's the way you feel you need to portray him as a whole; then that's your prerogative. But I'll say it's an ignorant approach.

As a Clemson fan, that's about all I have to remember him by. Sorry, didn't mean to ruffle your bucknuts.

As a Clemson fan, that's about all I have to remember him by. Sorry, didn't mean to ruffle your bucknuts.

Maybe I wasn't clear, but I would like to overtly state that I don't condone what Woody did. I also can appreciate your outlook as a Clemson fan. It would definitely not sit well. However, when considering Woody Hayes, I would prefer to look at his career as a coach and as a person overall.

http://buckeyesgameday.com/history/woody-hayes-accomplishments/

* Won five national titles (1970, 1968, 1961, 1957 and 1954)

* Won 13 Big Ten championships

* Won 205 overall and 152 conference games

* Led Ohio State to 11 bowl games (eight Rose Bowls)

* Took Ohio State to four consecutive Rose Bowls (1972-75)

* Produced 56 first team All-Americans

* Coached three Heisman Trophy and three Outland Trophy winners

* Coached two Lombardi Award winners

As a person, he cared a great deal about his players. He was of the mindset that you prepare them for life; not just football. I have read testimony after testimony regarding the positive impact that Woody had on the lives of his players.

Just for kicks, I thought I'd see how Woody's stats compared to Devaney's.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=919762

At Nebraska

Big Eight Champions

Totals 101 20 2 .829

Eight league titles

Overall Total

136 30 7 .806

12 league titles

Bowl Record

7 3 0 .700

Two national titles

Bob Devaney's Honors and Accomplishments

* University of Nebraska Head Coach (1962-72)

* University of Nebraska Director of Athletics (1967-93)

* Two National Titles (1970-71)

* 1981 College Football Hall of Fame Inductee

* Only Division-IA Coach in History to Win Five Consecutive AFCA Regional Coach-of-the-Year Awards

My wife's family has informed me of some of the positives of Devaney.

Would you be just as quick to dismiss Devaney's accomplishments if he made the same or equally severe mistake?

To me it's not about the accomplishments, but more about the type person that they are.

If Devaney assaulted a player, especially on the other team, you're damn right that's what he would be remembered by, at least for other teams.

OJ Simpson won the Heisman, is that what you remember him for?

nope... :laughpound

To me it's not about the accomplishments, but more about the type person that they are.

If Devaney assaulted a player, especially on the other team, you're damn right that's what he would be remembered by, at least for other teams.

nope... :laughpound

See, deedsker remembers him from The Naked Gun movies too!!!

In all seriousness, muffler, it was just a small joke. I really didn't mean to get anyone upset.

• Fire 1

So, in that light, you can appreciate what he did for his players, and the men he made them into.

I didn't ask about other teams. I asked you as a Husker fan.

Bit of hyperbolic stretch, no?

I didn't ask about other teams. I asked you as a Husker fan.

Sorry, I just became a Husker fan after the Gator Bowl in '08...that's why I said if a current Clemson coach or Nebraska coach did the same thing, I'd be very pissed.

Bit of hyperbolic stretch, no?

Not really, his character took quite a hit because he wasn't the greatest actor, but that Nordberg sure was funny!!!

Again, it was just a joke.

• Fire 1

hey...i got respect for the cactus...he can to our board with his history with clemson even after we nipped them in the gator bowl a couple years back...

takes courage to show up here and not just talk crap...

plus cacti has some awesome jokes...love ya catci

+1...appreciate the kind words...

muffler will get used to my bad jokes, hopefully...

• Fire 1