Maybe Missouri is left behind?

i always thought mizzou would be taken before us, because of their market.

But their fan following and viewership (TV ratings) are much lower than NU's.

that is also true.

although i, as a fan, am flattered NU will be the first domino to fall and that we have such control; i also feel that UT will blame the demise of the Big XII on NU jumping ship, when it would have remained in tact had NU stayed. UT is already saying things like, "we did everything we could to save the big XII." funny story, UT destroyed the big XII the day they entered it. and i don't see any conference making Arlington home to the conference championship, maybe that should mean something; only the Beebe was spineless enough to have a permanent conference championship in the backyard of the conference's power.

It wasn't just UT. The blame also goes to both commissioners, the other seven of the Big 8 programs, and the SWC programs that consistantly went against NU.

I always kind of figured that Mizzou would be a good fit, since they have had a basketball program in the past, and there are plenty of TV's in Missouri, plus the location. And it would be a natural rivalry for Iowa and Illinois with them being on the border.

I don't really want Texas going, I am tired of their crap at this point. And with A&M being glued to them at the hip, I can't really say that it is all that desirable in my view.

Here is another thought, if it were Nebraska, Texas, and A&M from the Big 12, does the rest of the league putter on as a 2nd tier conference, or would they break up, and where would they go? Oklahoma and OSU would have no problem finding a home in the SEC (and there is no way they would hang around if Texas and Nebraska are gone), but what about the rest of the Texas teams? The Pac 10 will only take them if they can get Texas, I am sure.

i always thought mizzou would be taken before us, because of their market.

But their fan following and viewership (TV ratings) are much lower than NU's.

that is also true.

although i, as a fan, am flattered NU will be the first domino to fall and that we have such control; i also feel that UT will blame the demise of the Big XII on NU jumping ship, when it would have remained in tact had NU stayed. UT is already saying things like, "we did everything we could to save the big XII." funny story, UT destroyed the big XII the day they entered it. and i don't see any conference making Arlington home to the conference championship, maybe that should mean something; only the Beebe was spineless enough to have a permanent conference championship in the backyard of the conference's power.

It wasn't just UT. The blame also goes to both commissioners, the other seven of the Big 8 programs, and the SWC programs that consistantly went against NU.

oh sure, i just think the political posturing and framing is entertaining.