Welcome! Some Big Ten Facts of LIfe

Welcome Cornhuskers and fans to the Big 10 from a Golden Gopher fan!

I can't wait to have your team play in our new home.

A couple of things you may want to keep in mind.

Wisky fans are rude and obnoxious, but Hawkeye fans (not their team) are the Worlds worst winners

as well as losers. They are pompous, obnoxious, and you will soon dislike them as much as we do.

But you have to remember there is not much else to do Hogville!

Also, remember to check bathroom stalls before you enter, as Hogeyes like to meet their dates in there ;-)

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the advice. Some advice I have for Minnesota fans is to fire Cosgrove before he ruins your defense like he ruined ours. :facepalm:

If only I had the power!

Thanks

I'm not sure if anybody told you guys in Lincoln yet, but being part of the Big 10 also means you have to send a yearly tithe to Appalachian State. You remember them right? They're the Div 2 school that got paid a whole bunch of money a few years ago to go to Ann Arbor and beat up the UM football team and effectively end their season before it started. :rollin

I'm not sure if anybody told you guys in Lincoln yet, but being part of the Big 10 also means you have to send a yearly tithe to Appalachian State. You remember them right? They're the Div 2 school that got paid a whole bunch of money a few years ago to go to Ann Arbor and beat up the UM football team and effectively end their season before it started. :rollin

Trust me, Husker fans remember. That game was epic! :horns2

I Don't think any of us have a problem with hating Iowa

Sooo, I guess we can't just play football without "hating" someone??? :facepalm: Nope, the "classiest fans in college football" have to HATE.... THAT sucks.. sorry.

I agree brother. The way I see it is UNL and Husker fans are the best and every other school and fan base aren't far behind. The fun is created by the teams you play and the fans who cheer for those teams.

T_O_B

:cheers:bonez:cheers

I Don't think any of us have a problem with hating Iowa

Sooo, I guess we can't just play football without "hating" someone??? :facepalm: Nope, the "classiest fans in college football" have to HATE.... THAT sucks.. sorry.

Wow, get over yourself. Its not real hate. Its kind of like when we say "I hope we kill team A" guess what, we dont really want to kill them.

Hate is just too strong a word.

T_O_B

Big 10/11/13/15/? championship game in Brainerd?

p.s. Paul Bunyan is an inbred hick twink. LOL

I'm just messin with ya-hopefully we wait a couple years to lay 84 on you again.

The Scoring Explosion could not be stopped. TO took a lot of heat for having starters on the field in the 4th qtr. Problem was the 2nd and 3rd teamers were tired out. Minn. can blame this whuppin' on the NCAA for limiting the number of players on the travel team.

T_O_B

:bonez

we aren't technically in the big 10(or whatever its called) and we got some fun diggs going

For me, I like the University of Minnesota. Had a great summer up there in '95. However, Dave Winfield and his teammates can rot in hell for what they did to the Buckeyes in basketball. Damn disgrace.

Absolutely true.

T_O_B

Isnt it true that a gopher and a wolverine are really just kissing cousins?

we aren't technically in the big 10(or whatever its called) and we got some fun diggs going

I love every single bit of it!! And whoever brought up the conference championship in Brainerd joke, well, I guess comedy just isn't your game.

I spent a couple of great winter days in Brainerd over the 4th of July 1993.

T_O_B

:LOLtartar

Dear Big Ten: Roll out the red carpet for the Big Red

June 9, 2010

By Dennis Dodd

CBSSports.com Senior Writer

They're special, Jim, so be kind. In fact, a red carpet of some kind wouldn't be considered over the top.

They are the Big Red. The only Big Red that matters. Nebraska. A program that forged its reputation playing walk-ons from the state's cornfields. It was recruiting New Jersey before Rutgers had a clue. At one time, its coaches used to know California better than The Governator.

It is a national program with incredibly deep local roots so be gentle, Jim, because Nebraska football isn't a "brand" or "inventory" as you like to call the games you sell to networks. Nebraska football isn't just something to fill air time on the Big Ten Network. It is a culture. It is brawn. It is Outlands, Heismans.

It is the Great Plains version of Michigan -- with its pride still intact.

Now it's all yours, Jim. Don't mess it up. Don't make Nebraska football into ... Purdue, something lost in the haze of a 16-team conference. I'm talking to you, Jim Delany. This is on you, the Big Ten commissioner. You didn't just invite a school or a team or a program. You invited a state, its people, its past, its future, its ethic.

You invited 45 percent of Notre Dame Stadium. That's the percentage of red that showed up in the Irish's football shrine when the teams met in 2000. You invited one half of the Game of the Century. You invited those thousands of balloons that are released into the Lincoln sky after the home team's first touchdown. You invited Devaney, Osborne, Gill, Rozier, Alberts, Wistrom and Suh.

Read more:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/13501955/dear-big-ten-roll-out-the-red-carpet-for-the-big-red

==============================================================

Nebraska leaving Big 12 for Big Ten; CU to Pac-10 may be next

By John Henderson

The Denver Post

The first big domino in the predicted shake-up of the collegiate landscape is about to fall, with Nebraska, long rumored to be heading toward the Big Ten Conference, expected to make it official as soon as Friday.

Next up could be Colorado headed to the Pac-10 Conference.

A source close to the Nebraska athletic department told The Denver Post on Wednesday that the Cornhuskers are moving on. Multiple media outlets around the Big 12 also reported sources close to the Huskers saying they're bolting, with a move expected to be officially announced Friday when Nebraska regents meet.

Once Nebraska's move becomes official, it could unleash a tidal wave of other moves nationally — with the Pac-10 ready to raid six Big 12 schools, including Colorado, along with Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.

More: http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_15264897

20100609_095709_FooterNebraska061010.jpg

Just read Dennis Dodd's piece and the hair on the back stood up. Great piece.

T_O_B

Remember that sCUm now becomes scUM.

I just found this forum, and registered because of this post lol, I was just telling all of my friends that mechicken is my new fluffaloes, I will judge our season almost solely on wether we kill them or not hahahaha

DT

Welcome aboard DT.

T_O_B

:corndance

I just found this forum, and registered because of this post lol, I was just telling all of my friends that mechicken is my new fluffaloes, I will judge our season almost solely on wether we kill them or not hahahaha

DT

Depending upon what year this whole expansion thing kicks off, I might caution you to hold off on using such a low ceiling to determine Big Ten success. :D

Once you get to know us MD you will realize that success at Nebraska is measured by Conference Championships and National Championships.

T_O_B

Finally! I've always wanted to see Nebraska play us in the Big House on a late November Saturday. I look forward to seeing what the Big Ten Network will show on you guys. Anything but that 2005 Alamo Bowl and your game vs Mizzou in 97 of course.

And we look forward to welcoming you to Lincoln, any time.

T_O_B