I will miss OU

tmfr15

Can we please stop talking about OU and that rivalry....

Did I recognize them as being a powerful ball team?...absolutely and I wanted to blast them every year.

Did I cheer for them?...hell no, they were a bunch of classless jerks

Doesn't anybody remember Mickey Joseph's injury. He got hit way out of bounds and ended up suffering a fairly serious injury on an OU cheapshot.

The Orlando Sentinel: How often do you think about the injury? (Circa 1991)

Mickey Joseph: It's still there. It's never going to leave my mind. For the first time, I saw the tape of it (the play in which he was injured) this weekend when ESPN was doing a special on the Citrus Bowl. I didn't know I was that far out of bounds when I got hit.

And, more recently, OU trying to take out Percy Harvin by pulling on his injured leg in the national title game.

Then there's the annoying obnoxious side to OU.....

Remember Boz

"The Boz: Confessions of a Modern Anti-Hero" is released. The book is by former Sooner Brian Bosworth and Sports Illustrated writer Rick Reilly. "The stuff we talked about that didn't go in the book could have put away OU for 20 years," Reilly tells The Oklahoman. "We took out the stuff we thought was too bad for OU, too incriminating."

The Sooner Schooner...that's way more annoying than the Ralphie even.

The fight song. Makes my skin crawl.

Oh yea and TO retired after winning three, could have been four, national titles in four years. Barry resigned after he led his cheating program into a state of complete chaos.

Everyone here can just go on loving the Sooners and cheer for them everyday. I for one hope they lose, every game they play, by an average of at least 50 points. For the sake of pete, where's John Blake when you need him.

after that you're calling us 'classless'?

Definitely isn't representation of a majority of husker fans. Oklahoma is definitely the one big 12 team I actually would go out of my way to watch games and root for when they weren't playing Nebraska. For the most part its a rivalry with a lot of mutual respect on both sides and an incredible history throughout the big 8 days when both programs were really dominating the sport. It's probably the one game most fans will miss the most.

Oh yea....I will just miss the hell out of that stupid Boomer Sooner fight song playing after every five yard gain or after every defensive stop or after every first down or after every turnover or after every hot dog purchase or bathroom break or TV timeout, or...well I think you can see a pattern. And, don't forget the Sooner fight song sounds like they are saying....na-na-na-na, na-na-na. The only thing that would be missing is all the fans putting their thumbs to their ears and bobbing their heads back and forth.....gooooooood bye Barry and CO.

Oh, by the way Soonerbornandbred,

which of my claims are you disputing...

Did Oklahoma not receive probation for cheating?

Was the hit on Mickey not a cheap shot?

Was the hit on Harvin not a cheap shot?

Is the Schooner not annoying? I mean, dang, Texas doesn't run Bevo on the field after every score.

Was Boz not very annoying?

Can't you guys just play the fight song when you score or force a punt?

Oh yea, and the biggest picture I get when I talk OU is that famous shot of Coach Oz when he found out that he would have to take his Huskers to the Orange Bowl to rematch with OU. The look said, "It is a blessing of riches that we will be afforded the chance to match up with our beloved rivals for the second time in the same year." NOT

Oh, don't get me wrong, it was sweet when NU won and both teams always wanted that post Thanksgiving Day game to be one that pitted unbeaten teams in a national title elimination contest. But I doubt that after one of those many beat downs in the 1980s, fans were saying, oh, well, we lost to OU, that isn't so bad. I sure hope OU wins its bowl game now.

Oh yea....I will just miss the hell out of that stupid Boomer Sooner fight song playing after every five yard gain or after every defensive stop or after every first down or after every turnover or after every hot dog purchase or bathroom break or TV timeout, or...well I think you can see a pattern. And, don't forget the Sooner fight song sounds like they are saying....na-na-na-na, na-na-na. The only thing that would be missing is all the fans putting their thumbs to their ears and bobbing their heads back and forth.....gooooooood bye Barry and CO.

You know, I do respect the history of the rivalry...but he has one hell of a point on the fight song.

Why is it necessary to play that damn thing so much, I mean really?? Really?? You're going to play it again??

:facepalm:

i'd feel bad for leaving the big xii *ONLY* if nebraska were still playing oklahoma yearly.

I won't really miss the big xii. But my thought is close to yours. I would love to see us schedule OU every year now. This is a chance to get the rivalry going again.

You know, I do respect the history of the rivalry...but he has one hell of a point on the fight song.

Why is it necessary to play that damn thing so much, I mean really?? Really?? You're going to play it again??

:facepalm:

No kidding. I remember they played it non-stop when they whooped us down in their house a few years ago. I swear they would play it after every play that wasn't for negative yards. <_<